Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Title issues

Old 07-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Gimmi your Corolla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox
Default Title issues

Ok, so i bought this car from a chick in Dc who had it registered in DC and was driving it for a year or so. No problems.

I get the title and it is a DC title that says "SALVAGE-PA" on it. I give the car to a buddy and he goes to the dmv in Va, they won't register it because of this and I don't know what to do.

How did she register in DC and we can't register in VA? The car has been repaired and has no issues.

Any insight/tips would be appreciated.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

dohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these partsdohc4ws91 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Title issues

Originally Posted by lunchindabox
Ok, so i bought this car from a chick in Dc who had it registered in DC and was driving it for a year or so. No problems.

I get the title and it is a DC title that says "SALVAGE-PA" on it. I give the car to a buddy and he goes to the dmv in Va, they won't register it because of this and I don't know what to do.

How did she register in DC and we can't register in VA? The car has been repaired and has no issues.

Any insight/tips would be appreciated.
Call the state police, they can explain it. Mabe it was flooded or something, never seen that.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:14 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Why won't DMV register it? Is it because it is a salvage title, or because the title is in someone else's name, or because the title appears altered, or some other issue with the title?

You need clarification from the DMV and instructions from them on what to do to get it registered.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:09 AM
H is for HERO

themeHYBRID has disabled reputation

most of the time the dumb bitches that work at the dmv dont even know what they are talking about, i went to on dmv and got the run around from them and then went to another dmv the next day and got the information i needed and some more...again another title situation your best bet would ask the state police, or try another dmv and see what they say!
Old 07-14-2007, 01:31 PM
more whores

fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors

Originally Posted by themeHYBRID
most of the time the dumb bitches that work at the dmv dont even know what they are talking about, i went to on dmv and got the run around from them and then went to another dmv the next day and got the information i needed and some more...again another title situation your best bet would ask the state police, or try another dmv and see what they say!
Man you're a fuckin nerd!
Old 07-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Banned

boostcreep is an unknown quantity at this point

i buy and sell cars and even though it has a salvage title you have been able to register.if its already brainded salvage that means its already been inspected not a state inspection when a inspector comes to your house and looks for frame damage etc.email me a copy of the title front and back bgonzalesjr@aol.com
Old 07-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Gimmi your Corolla

lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox lunchindabox

TTT

Last edited by lunchindabox; 05-18-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:54 AM
Gimmi your Corolla

I am getting another title
Old 08-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Gimmi your Corolla

ttt

Last edited by lunchindabox; 05-18-2012 at 05:34 AM.