Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Title issues

Old 03-15-2009, 04:20 PM
WU-TANG...BITCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9tegra6 will become famous soon enough
Default Title issues

Got a question need help.

Ok i own this integra right had it for about 3-4 years.
Had a title with a lien holder on it but since its been a while dont think the lien holder cares.
Anyway went to go look for the title and wifey says she thru it away but mistake. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
Anyway posted the car for sale for 2k. Had a couple hits. Then posted the just the shell for sale. Had a guy come thru and had cash. wanted JUST THE SHELL. gets to my house and hands me the cash and ask for the title. Im like ftw? i thought you was buying just the shell.
He's like no i want the title to. Im like well in that case its gonna be an extra qwhoop(1k) cuz im technically selling the whole car then. if he is buying just the shell does he even need the title or can he get a salvaged title or does he need the title? dont know if he is using it for his own or selling it but in that case what do i do?
Old 03-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: Title issues

Wow. . . this is so full of fail. . .

1st) Your wife 'accidentally' threw a title out to a car? Keep her away from any other important documents.

2nd) A shell w/o the title is only worth what a recycler will take it for (about $40). Its the TITLE that makes the shell worth something.

Adding 1k just for the title? Go to the DMV, spend $35 to get a replacement title. Go to whoever has the lien. (they won't just 'not care' if you haven't satisfied the lien) If you have had it satisfied, have them release their lien on it.

Viola, title in your name.

Last edited by RandomTask; 03-15-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:26 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

you for real?
Old 03-15-2009, 04:35 PM
WU-TANG...BITCH

its a bank for the lien holder.
i know i was pissed when she said she didnt know it was important
look if your're looking for a thread bashing please keep those comments to yourselves. im just needing help thats all. i appreciate the help tho. now if i go to the dmv, ask for the title with my name on itjust has the lien holder on there will they still except it or not.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:39 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by 9tegra6
its a bank for the lien holder.
i know i was pissed when she said she didnt know it was important
look if your're looking for a thread bashing please keep those comments to yourselves. im just needing help thats all. i appreciate the help tho. now if i go to the dmv, ask for the title with my name on itjust has the lien holder on there will they still except it or not.
Contact the bank and see if the lien has been released. They will most likely have a copy of the title and will send it to you when they release it. If it has been released already, go the dmv and they will title it for you or fill you in on what you need to do.

Oh and a car being sold as a "shell" is always considered to have a title unless stated otherwise. Usually a shell just means its not running.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:42 PM
WU-TANG...BITCH

yeah i did state that to the guy its an as-is car and there's no title he must have not been listening or read my thread fully i stated that the car w/o title 900 as-is and car with title and everything is 2k otherwise im just selling parts, ya know.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:43 PM
WU-TANG...BITCH

thanks chris ill do that tomorrow then.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

And next time you may want to get a legitimate copy of the title before you offer it up for sale. You know you're going to need it, and a shell can't be made into a street legal car (or much of anything) without a valid title. So get this stuff straightened out beforehand.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:54 PM
WU-TANG...BITCH

thanks