Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

salvage title...

Old 12-20-2007, 06:09 AM
Pizza Delivery Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these parts
Default salvage title...

has anyone done a salvage title before? if so, how long does it take and how much of a headache is it?
Old 12-20-2007, 06:11 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt
Default Re: salvage title...

what do you mean have you done? are you talking about converting a salvage certificate to a salvage title? if so, its a pain in the ass...
Old 12-20-2007, 06:19 AM
Pizza Delivery Guy

supranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these parts

no...my car was listed by my insurance company as a total loss...now i have it fixed and up and running again...but is the old plates still good or do i have to apply for a salvage title?
Old 12-20-2007, 06:23 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by supranite90
no...my car was listed by my insurance company as a total loss...now i have it fixed and up and running again...but is the old plates still good or do i have to apply for a salvage title?
they should have destroyed the original title. there is a company (might be a the dmv, cant remember, that you must call before you begin repairs. they will note everything that is wrong with the vehicle and what needs to be fixed. after these things are repaired, they will come out again and reinspect the vehicle and issue you a salvage title, or a rebuilt title, depending on the severity of the damage. if the car is past a certain percentage of damage,(i.e-80%) it can never be registered in the united states again.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:25 AM
Registered Member

QUICKVIII has disabled reputation

Did you turn over your title to the insurance company. Then buy the car back? Or did you take the money and run? Also did the insurance company actually "Total" your car?
Old 12-20-2007, 06:28 AM
Pizza Delivery Guy

i think we turned over the title to the insurance company then bought the car back... and yea...they gave us money for the car so i guess they totaled the car...but it was only cosmetic damage...like the front bumper and whatnot...
Old 12-20-2007, 06:30 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

Taken from the DMV website for VA, hope it helps--Repaired/Rebuilt Vehicle Examinations
Before DMV issues a vehicle title for a repaired or rebuilt salvage vehicle, a DMV special agent must conduct an anti-theft examination. In order for an examination to be scheduled, the requestor must contact the appropriate DMV Law Enforcement Services District Office to schedule an examination. Such inspections can only be done if the repairs were performed in Virginia. When the examination is completed, the requestor must submit the following to DMV:

Salvage Certificate
Original LES 022A Form (Request for Examination of Repaired or Rebuilt Salvage Vehicle)
Original LES 022B Form (Report of Examination of Repaired or Rebuilt Salvage Vehicle) indicating approved examination and whether or not branding is required. This form is completed by the DMV special agent who conducts the exam.
$125.00 Examination Fee
$10.00 Substitute title fee
The percentage of damage listed on the original salvage record will determine if there is to be a brand noted on the new title.

If the vehicle record indicated the damage as 75 percent or less, DMV will issue a certificate of title with the brand "REPAIRED" printed on it. This brand is permanent and will be carried forward for each title issued for the life of the vehicle. There is no requirement for additional notification to a new purchaser.

If the vehicle record indicated the damage to be between 76 percent and 90 percent, DMV will issue a certificate of title with the brand "REBUILT" printed on it. This brand is permanent and will be carried forward for each title issued for the life of the vehicle. Note: Each new purchaser must receive the title and a notification form (VSA59) "REBUILT SALVAGE VEHICLE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT."
Old 12-20-2007, 06:33 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

Originally Posted by supranite90
i think we turned over the title to the insurance company then bought the car back... and yea...they gave us money for the car so i guess they totaled the car...but it was only cosmetic damage...like the front bumper and whatnot...
part the car or use it for track, its too much work, and you've begun repairs before the inspection. do not try to sell it without a title...
Old 12-20-2007, 06:37 AM
Registered Member

QUICKVIII has disabled reputation

Chris is correct. Call DMV have them look for any attachments to your title. "Salvage", "Salvage Rebuildable" or "Salvage Non-Rebuildable" The Non-Rebuildable is the one you have to worry about.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Banned

dallasb84 is an unknown quantity at this point

pm me ill help you out...