Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Salvage Title???

Old 04-28-2006, 03:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90acintegra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salvage Title???

Im about to buy this bike but it has a salvage title how hard is it to get a regular title? Please lMK asap cuase this is the only this holding me back from buying it!
Thanks Dan
Old 04-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation
Default Re: Salvage Title???

depends on whats wrong with it. You have to fix things and then get it inspected. It can be done but its kinda a pain to title it and insurance companies aren't big on them either. They'll usually never be worth as much as a non-salvage

I've looked at a bunch of salvage bikes and unless its going to be a track bike or stunt bike its been hard to find one worth buying. Unless its an absolute screaming deal most people pass on them. Whats the deal you're looking at"
Old 04-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

well its a 2002 R6 and theres nothing wrong with it but i just dont want to be waiting 3 months to get a title or be able to ride it. How long does it take to get one? its already inspected.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

well, my car was/is a salvage title...i got it insured immediatley (no wait),my value is what it should be, and i got it registered no questions asked.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

first you have to call the DMV to have someone come out and look at the car. Once that is done and it is passed then you are able to register and put insurance on it. You just have to set up an appoint with the people. If you call the DMV they will give you the number to the place. Then after that you are good to go.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Banned

o so its not as bad as i thought then. Do u no if they take forever to come look at the bike or what?
Old 04-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 90acintegra
well its a 2002 R6 and theres nothing wrong with it but i just dont want to be waiting 3 months to get a title or be able to ride it. How long does it take to get one? its already inspected.

if there's nothing wrong with it then why does it have a salvage title? It didn't get a salvage title from a drop in the parking lot. Did it have frame damage? Has the frame been sent to compu-track to see if its even straight? Forks tweaked? Was it a pro repair job or did someone just order some parts off ebay?
Old 04-29-2006, 01:16 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by xshanex
if there's nothing wrong with it then why does it have a salvage title? It didn't get a salvage title from a drop in the parking lot. Did it have frame damage? Has the frame been sent to compu-track to see if its even straight? Forks tweaked? Was it a pro repair job or did someone just order some parts off ebay?

actually, i've seen alot of bikes get branded as salvage from spills in parking lots. all that plastic is expensive, and even a small fall can total a bike quick.

hell, i've seen an '06 gsxr750 that was dropped, runs fine, all cosmetic damage, and the parts total was about $9500, just in cosmetics. that's what the bike cost new!!
Old 05-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

cbucgo is an unknown quantity at this point

if the bike is already fixed, most likely the title is either branded salvage repaired, or salvage rebuilt, in which both cases a dmv inspector has already been out to look at the bike, which means if you buy it all you do is go to dmv and title the bike just like any regular deal. if it isn't branded yet, you will have to go to dmv, they give you a number for a dmv inspector, call them and in about two weeks an inspector will come out to run all the numbers and make sure its not stolen, sign off on it and you go down to dmv and they title it for you. really not a hard process at all. also, don't listen to some people above for insurance, insurance companies do not have a problem titling bikes like this.

out of curiousity, who in fredericksburg has the bike as i'm located in fred as well and may know the guy. plus, if you dont want to buy it, hook a brother up with the name and number b/c ill buy it. i'm not scerred. hehe.

hope this helps man.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Banned

yea thanks alot this helps. i have another ? though the bike has not yet been inspected by the DmV dude so its still a salvage title. But heres the thing the frame on the bike is different and the guy has the title to it. But its from ohio does this matter? and can i buy the bike like it is with the title like this and then get the title figured out myself instead of me waiting around for him to do it?
Thanks Dan

Quick Reply: Salvage Title???