Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Radar detector ban in Virginia.. to end?

Old 02-05-2010, 02:47 PM
ATGATT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Re: Radar detector ban in Virginia.. to end?

There actually have been studies done that have found radar detector users have fewer accidents per mile traveled than non-users. Granted, this probably has something to do with radar detector users being more likely to be car people and probably doing a larger portion of their driving on interstates than non-users, but still, goes against the whole "radar detectors are for dangerous outlaws" thing.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

TooJdmLanzo24 has disabled reputation

i think they should unban it, because it would be good to find a cop if you were lost on the highway.

Last edited by TooJdmLanzo24; 02-06-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:44 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

If it gets unbanned... I am getting one on the bike the next day!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:58 AM
Registered Member

mzmanny mzmanny mzmanny mzmanny mzmanny mzmanny mzmanny

How does one find out when its gonna be voted on? All the article says is sometime this week.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:27 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by TooJdmLanzo24
i think they should unban it, because it would be good to find a cop if you were lost on the highway.
You probably shouldn't post ever again.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:04 AM
Evil Bumblebee

milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG

i know when i lived in va travelling to indiana and back i would have to remember to take my radar detector out of my window before i got to the va state line...there was usually a cop waiting just behind one of those signs or around the bend as you come down out of that mountain on 64EB...i pulled mine out of the window but it was still plugged in and just as i took it out it started going nuts as there were not 1 but 2 VSP (one marked and one unmarked) just waiting for some hapless traveller to forget to take it out

they dont want to give up that law cuz its a source of easy revenue for the state....and they dont really make a big enough announcement about them being illegal...on 64EB there is this small brown sign that if your going at speed around that bend you would miss it easily...

lol i remember crossing into WV and felt like i was free...put my radar detector up and kept on going
Old 02-12-2010, 05:31 AM
Non Spelling Asshole

Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez
Default Va. House defeats radar detector bill

(From Wavy.com)

Va. House defeats radar detector bill
Only state in the nation where radars are illegal
Updated: Thursday, 11 Feb 2010, 7:27 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 11 Feb 2010, 7:27 PM EST

The Virginia House of Delegates Thursday defeated a bill that would allow drivers to use radar detectors.

After 61 nays and 38 yeas during the vote, Virginia is now the only state in the United States that has a law prohibiting the use of radar detectors.

The law does state, however, that motorists are allowed to have them within the Commonwealth, but they are not allowed to be connected to any power source.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:29 AM
FckYoCouch

rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin

So I can't have my radar, but I can talk my ass off on my phone while driving... Brilliant!!!! I feel safer already!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: Va. House defeats radar detector bill

Originally Posted by ProjektPhoto
(From Wavy.com)

Va. House defeats radar detector bill
Only state in the nation where radars are illegal
Updated: Thursday, 11 Feb 2010, 7:27 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 11 Feb 2010, 7:27 PM EST

The Virginia House of Delegates Thursday defeated a bill that would allow drivers to use radar detectors.

After 61 nays and 38 yeas during the vote, Virginia is now the only state in the United States that has a law prohibiting the use of radar detectors.

The law does state, however, that motorists are allowed to have them within the Commonwealth, but they are not allowed to be connected to any power source.
LuLz
Old 02-12-2010, 10:36 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

this state is so retarded sometimes.

Quick Reply: Radar detector ban in Virginia.. to end?