Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Radar detector ban in Virginia.. to end?

Old 02-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Eat me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Re: Radar detector ban in Virginia.. to end?

I had a radar detector while in highschool. That shit had me so paranoid that I speeded far less than I did without one. lol
Old 02-12-2010, 10:44 AM
typesb4thinking

nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3

Originally Posted by NotaMonte
So I can't have my radar, but I can talk my ass off on my phone while driving... Brilliant!!!! I feel safer already!
fyi:

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/current-events-politics-79/senate-passes-no-cell-phone-use-while-driving-bill-332414/
Old 02-12-2010, 10:58 AM
FckYoCouch

rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin rtcarlin

Originally Posted by nosediv3

Crap... that just ruined my witty, sarcastic response....

stupid lawmakers.....
Old 02-13-2010, 10:05 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default Re: Va. House defeats radar detector bill

Originally Posted by ProjektPhoto
(From Wavy.com)

Va. House defeats radar detector bill
Only state in the nation where radars are illegal
Updated: Thursday, 11 Feb 2010, 7:27 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 11 Feb 2010, 7:27 PM EST

The Virginia House of Delegates Thursday defeated a bill that would allow drivers to use radar detectors.

After 61 nays and 38 yeas during the vote, Virginia is now the only state in the United States that has a law prohibiting the use of radar detectors.

The law does state, however, that motorists are allowed to have them within the Commonwealth, but they are not allowed to be connected to any power source.
Well since when have I ever been allowed to have my cake and eat it too...
Old 09-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

Snickers62 has disabled reputation

As you may know, Virginia is the only state that bans the use and sale of radar detectors. There is no evidence that the radar detector ban increases highway safety. Our nation’s fatality rates have fallen consistently for almost two decades. Virginia’s fatality rate has also fallen, but not any more dramatically than it has nationwide. Research has even shown that radar detector owners have a lower accident rate than motorists who do not own a detector.

Maintaining the ban is not in the best interest of Virginians or visitors to the state. I know and know of people that will not drive in Virginia due to this ban. Unjust enforcement practices are not unheard of, and radar detectors can keep safe motorists from being exploited by abusive speed traps. Likewise, the ban has a negative impact on Virginia’s business community. Electronic distributors lose business to neighboring states and Virginia misses out on valuable sales tax revenue.

We have to fight this dumb law...Write letters to the General Assembly members.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Ovechkinator !

TITS has disabled reputation

^ thanks dickfuck for elaborating on a 7 month old thread
Old 09-22-2010, 03:26 AM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

OH LAWDDDDDDDDDD This shit is so old I forgot making it... Snickers, necrobumping is a no no here try not to bump anything older than a month unless you been here longer than a year.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:28 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Snickers62
As you may know, Virginia is the only state that bans the use and sale of radar detectors. There is no evidence that the radar detector ban increases highway safety. Our nation’s fatality rates have fallen consistently for almost two decades. Virginia’s fatality rate has also fallen, but not any more dramatically than it has nationwide. Research has even shown that radar detector owners have a lower accident rate than motorists who do not own a detector.

Maintaining the ban is not in the best interest of Virginians or visitors to the state. I know and know of people that will not drive in Virginia due to this ban. Unjust enforcement practices are not unheard of, and radar detectors can keep safe motorists from being exploited by abusive speed traps. Likewise, the ban has a negative impact on Virginia’s business community. Electronic distributors lose business to neighboring states and Virginia misses out on valuable sales tax revenue.

So people don't drive in Va because of the detector laws?

1. They're fucking stupid
2. Good...less people on the roads
Old 09-22-2010, 05:16 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

I don't get what the big deal is, say you're driving from MD to NC, would it be simpler to drive through WV, KY, TN, then east to NC? Or just unplug the fucking detector and obey the speed limit through VA? The radar detector ban is stupid but if you go to astronomical lengths to avoid driving through VA just so you can use the thing maybe your priorities aren't straight. I think this whole "people don't drive through VA because of this ban" argument is totally exaggerated, people don't give enough of a shit in this country to actually try to punish the state for something they find unjust, inconvenient truth.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:23 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

FUCK YOU

Quick Reply: Radar detector ban in Virginia.. to end?