Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

The Paint Shop

Old 08-20-2003, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zero Signal is an unknown quantity at this point

Shit, I know better than to hassle a body shop. You can't rush a good job, ESPECIALLY a paint job. You can tell a rush job by looking at the "orange peel" or the runs, or the way it chips off after a month. What pissed me off about the place is that I had my car in there a week before that Eclipse, and they had already started on my car. Then, this guy drops his car off and mine gets put on the back burner, so to speak. I just thought it was bullshit. My money was just as good as the other guys, and my car is just as important.

But back to the subject, I just can't believe they would neglect a customer's car like that... especially since it was the dude's only means of transportation. I also don't agree with the way shops around here don't want to own up to their warrantee work because "since it's warrantee work, no one's making any money off of it." That's just shitty business ethics
Old 08-20-2003, 10:37 PM
Grip Syndicate

mportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud of

If you are looking for a good job on body and paint, hit up Brian or Tony at Auto Elite. I wont go anywhere else. They do great body work and have some good painters. They molded my body kit and have done some shaving...it all looks great. I havent had any problems and I have sent many of my friends to them. They are located in the Birdneck Business Center on Birdneck Rd in VB. Hope all turns out well for you.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:10 AM
Banned

NOTQUITE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default yeah ok

travis barrowed my car for 3 mounths... a fuckin wack ass festiva. that time alone is enough, I was pissed through the prossess, My friend droped off her car like 2 mounths after his and it was done in two weeks. travis says carls been swamped yeah, but fuck his fat ass if hes gonna bullshit my brother like that. I'm bout to take my marine ass down there and say a few words... travis doesn't need this, not now. not so close to the wedding.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:16 AM
200HP/L

Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi

It shouldn't take a compentent body shop more than a week to strip/prep/paint an entire car.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:58 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

make the deadline his wedding day. i've heard them both say it would be nice to drive off in the car.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:21 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Originally posted by Zero Signal
You can tell a rush job by looking at the "orange peel" s
Uh No. Orange peel is caused by many things.

they are taking so long because bodymen/painters get paid on commission. Anything that that has to be redone comes out of their pocket and their time to make money.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:26 PM
Site Founder

sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung

is my car warrentied?
Old 08-21-2003, 02:21 PM
SPAWN OF A NEW OP!

THE BEAST is an unknown quantity at this point

most body shops dont give a shit about you...all they worry about are the insurance companies and making sure they have those cars ready by the deadlines.....your walk-in customer....fuck your $2-3000!!!

sorry to put it so harse....but thats reality!
Old 08-21-2003, 02:43 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

That sounds shitty dude.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:32 PM
What FMIC?????

MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX

Orange peal is partly from rushing.. or waiting to long between coats of paint or a number of things

Quick Reply: The Paint Shop