Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

The Paint Shop

Old 08-19-2003, 01:55 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default The Paint Shop

dont ever go to this place for a paint job, they painted my buddies car, shaved the moldings and emblems and did some body kit work for 2600 bucks, 2 months later the paint chipped off, he took it back to get it repainted in february, the cars been there for over 6 months going on 7 and they keep saying oh 2 weeks and it will be done, they just got finished sparying the car today, he went to look at it, and its the WRONG color so now he has to wait for them to do it all over again, the guy claims it was mixed right but the basecoat may have been wrong or some shit, i guess that when he brought the car back that it was considered warranty work or something and so nobody was getting paid to do it so theyve bullshitted the whole time, hes gonna call the bbb and complain and then hes gonna go to the insurance company and tell them whats happened so the shop stops getting insurance work, this is just a bunch of bullshit and if the paint chips off again, hes fucked cause then hell have to pay for a whole new paint job, just to let you know, dont go to this shop cause youll get bullshitted, and crapped on, had to let everyone know cause if this was my car i would have been at his shop a month after i dropped of my car knucking it out with the owner.......
Old 08-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Go fuck yourself

nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing.

Travis I'm guessing......I remember a couple months back I went to starbucks and saw his car that was painted like 2 months before that, and it was chipping worse than the original paint job on my rents 14 year old car. DON'T GO THERE!

Last edited by nothing.; 08-20-2003 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:43 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

yea its travis's car and i guess some dude that he knows is letting him take the viper, ill believe it when i see it, im best man at the wedding so ill be damned if im not gonna get to drive in that bitch the night before the wedding, hhaa.........
Old 08-20-2003, 03:58 AM

Zero Signal is an unknown quantity at this point

That sucks bro. I got my front bumper painted there, but the only chips in the paint are the results of rocks and small animals. It took them like, 2 weeks just to get the bumper painted though. I remember a Prelude that had a partial wide-body kit molded to it with a Blitz style front bumper... a guy told me that car had been sitting there for about 6 months and they kept dicking around with it and nothing was getting done on it. I've yet to find a decent paint shop around here. The only good paint/body work I've seen has been by people who do it on the side.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:35 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

yea i saw that prelude the day it was finished, it had widebody kit, sideskirts, front bumper and rear bumper molded to the car, white paint job with blue flames, they just finished it like 2 weeks ago, and the guy came to look at it and there was some shit that he noticed that was wrong, so they left the car outside for a few nights, they came back one morning and dudes car was on cinderblocks, with no wheels, then the cinder blocks crumbled and the car landed on the ground and fucked everything up........
Old 08-20-2003, 12:54 PM

Holy shit! I would be taking some serious legal action if they neglected my car like that and it ended up getting fucked up. Problem is, most shops aren't responsible for your car once you drop it off.

I can't believe that Prelude just got finished 2 weeks ago. The last time I was there was about 9 months ago and it was still sitting on the lift getting fiberglass plastered all over it.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:12 PM
whats hood?

BLUE ICE is an unknown quantity at this point

damn i got my old car painted there, and they did a great job.. never chipped, and look good. I don't know maybe carl is slipping.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:46 PM

I'm not knocking Carl's work... at least, the work he did on MY car. My paint job looks great. I just can't see how they would neglect someone's car like that. That shop definitely takes their sweet time getting shit done though. My car kept getting pushed back because he was working on a rainbow Eclipse at the time. My car was in there first, but this guy dropped his car off and it just HAD to get done ASAP, so mine got bumped back. I got the same "it'll be done next week" speach again and again.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:07 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

i dont know if its the same prelude were talking about , but i was there 2 or 3 weeks ago and it was just getting done and travis told me it had been there when he first got his car painted, yea carl's definitely taking his sweet little time and not getting shit done, oh, yea they painted the car the wrong color and then carl said he wasnt going to strip the car down and reprime it and what not but that he was just gonna paint over the wrong color, paint weighs alot and when you have 3 coats of each shit and then you had another 3 coats of primer and paint and clear, thats alot of weight, so travis's car just got about 20 lbs heavier, i dont have the patience to deal with this shop, i would have already gotten into a fight if it were my car.......
Old 08-20-2003, 05:14 PM
Banned

ChristianVA is an unknown quantity at this point

ill tell you whats the inside of the paint shop..The are one of the greatest shops here but painting a car takes time and skill. but thats ridiculous though how long they took 7 months. The paint shop Air brush guy can do some great art.Dream works customs and the paint shop have close ties. the paint shops has a lot of work and sometimes they cannot handle the overload thats why they send some the cars here to Dream works customs. seriously body shops you cannot really rush them or they will just do a half ass job on your ride. but that very odd of them to do that type of thing. if you dont want any hassle go to dream works customs i know them personally and they will do a great job on car. Dream works customs is the only place i trust to get my car done.

Last edited by ChristianVA; 08-21-2003 at 05:45 AM.

Quick Reply: The Paint Shop