Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

opinions on the gc8 impreza rs

Old 12-10-2011, 09:20 PM
cubs 4 life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedgst97 has disabled reputation
Default opinions on the gc8 impreza rs

Im looking for a new car and found a 2000 impreza rs with 101k miles for a reasonable price. Its a 4 door auto i want a stick but wifey cant drive a stick yet so its gotta be auto for now. Anyways i dont know alot about subarus as i have always dealt with honda/acura/mitsu's. As far as the rs impreza runs and drives how would yall say it does and how reliable is it. I have seen alot of them with over 200k miles so i guess they are some what durable. How cheap are parts and how hard is it to fix when things break. Also what kinda gas mileage does it it get and why does rust seem to appear in the rear quater panels and how hard is that to fix.
I appreciate any input you guys can give me good and bad on the car.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:29 AM
Registered Member

Land Ark has disabled reputation
Default Re: opinions on the gc8 impreza rs

At 101k miles I'd want to know if the timing belt has been replaced and if the head gasket has been replaced. It should be priced accordingly.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:19 AM
cubs 4 life

boostedgst97 has disabled reputation

It has
Old 12-11-2011, 07:24 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by boostedgst97
It has
Proof? people same things that are not always the truth
Old 12-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Originally Posted by boostedgst97
Im looking for a new car and found a 2000 impreza rs with 101k miles for a reasonable price. Its a 4 door auto i want a stick but wifey cant drive a stick yet so its gotta be auto for now. Anyways i dont know alot about subarus as i have always dealt with honda/acura/mitsu's. As far as the rs impreza runs and drives how would yall say it does and how reliable is it. I have seen alot of them with over 200k miles so i guess they are some what durable. How cheap are parts and how hard is it to fix when things break. Also what kinda gas mileage does it it get and why does rust seem to appear in the rear quater panels and how hard is that to fix.
I appreciate any input you guys can give me good and bad on the car.
Like any other vehicle out there, the cars' reliability is directly related to its' maintenance.
If the car has no documentation of a timing belt and it's associated components along with a water pump- either run far away or drop a thousand off the price.

Parts are not as cheap as Hondas- but hondas are gay! Seriously, it's a totally different motor and things are a bit tricky at ties (ie spark plugs).

Your gas mileage will depend on how the car was treated and maintained. Between 20-30mpg.

Rust? RUN AWAY.