Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Opinions on the mini me

Old 06-03-2003, 03:46 AM
The Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to all
Default Opinions on the mini me

Have heard that they tend to carry some problems with them. I was wonderin if these problems could be addressed. Also opinions would be appreciated on this set up.
Old 06-03-2003, 06:12 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

great motors if done correctly. make sure you get a new set of rods. a full rebuilt bottom end wouldnt hurt. mine ran VERY strong while i had it, but with the stock bottom end, even with only 80k or so miles, it blew up after only 3 months
Old 06-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard the same thing from many people. About 3 months.
Old 06-04-2003, 05:07 AM

mycivicdx is an unknown quantity at this point

is that 3 months of running it hard or it will just blow in 3 months running it hard occasionally. How soon do you need to build up the block, and what pistons, rods, and other things do you suggest?
Old 06-04-2003, 08:53 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

how is your clutch? my clutch was toast to begin with... and that was my downfall. got into a race, clutch slipped, car revved way higher than it was supposed too, and went boom.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:43 PM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

go to autosolutions to get the rod/piston/ring set. Go with eagle, best price to do the mini-me.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:31 PM
Daddy status

chirp the 1-2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im running one of these motors now its beautiful, the powerband is unbelieveable GOBS of bottom end torque.

Im pulling on Gsr's SI's and preludes and I leave hatches and crxs with B16 swaps till the top of third, I still need to get tuned to gain the top end I need.

This motor is easy and fun ecspecially if you have a SI to start with. I completely rebuilt my bottom end the only major part I replaced was pistons and I stayed stock. Get yourself a factory honda manual rebuild it per theyre specs and send the head to somebody that knows what theyre doing!!!

The motor has about 2-3 thousand miles on it now and no problems and by the way im runninh a 89 crx si ecu that I sent to Zdyne and had chipped for the B16 program!!
There thats all you need to know now go search the web and learn learn learn!!!
There are a few sites with info on these.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:39 PM
The Wizard

TempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to all

Chirp the UN Dos wut is ur set up. I was thinkin keepin the PM6 pistons cuz with the Y8 head i got it would have 11:1 compression, wut u think?
Old 06-06-2003, 02:26 AM
Daddy status

chirp the 1-2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by TempestRex
Chirp the UN Dos wut is ur set up. I was thinkin keepin the PM6 pistons cuz with the Y8 head i got it would have 11:1 compression, wut u think?
Same setup A6/Y8 if you get the head milled a little and the block decked a little to clean up the mating surfaces you should be about 11.5-1!!!

If you search this sight you will find a complete write up about my setup.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

all ive heard is them blowing up :P isnt there a more reliable option to consider?

Quick Reply: Opinions on the mini me