Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

major problem need legal help

Old 02-01-2009, 05:48 PM
DA CLAN!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wu TAng is a jewel in the roughWu TAng is a jewel in the roughWu TAng is a jewel in the rough
Default major problem need legal help

Ive got a car that i sent to a shop for a engine swap almost a year ago. I got quoted on a price. the price was agreed to and the car was sent to the shop. I had the donor car brought in and they took the engine out and everything. Then they started work on the car receving the swap and took the engine out. Then for some reason all work had stopped. I wasnt really in a rush to get the car back beacuse the guy said he was swamped with work. my car sat outside with no engine for almost 3 months. I waited waited and waited but he still never finished my car. Now im in a tight stiuation. Money is tight and i need this car back im willing to do the swap myself but dont really want to fork out the money to pay for work that he never finished. Is there any legal binding contract that says i have to pay him for unfinished work? or can i just go pick up the pieces to my car and put it back together my damn self.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:58 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: major problem need legal help

thats something you need to ask the mechanic whos working/not working on it...

if hes swamped then he probably wont care if you come get it...
Old 02-01-2009, 06:07 PM
DA CLAN!

Wu TAng is a jewel in the roughWu TAng is a jewel in the roughWu TAng is a jewel in the rough

thats the problem its impossible for him to be swamped for the entire year its been there.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:12 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

ok well let me reprase it then....he is honestly not worried/interested in working on your car...so go to the shop and tell him your there to pick it up....if he hands you the keys and says goodbye then you are fine...

legally he hasnt done his end of the work so you shouldnt owe him anything...

but he will prolly wanna charge you for removal of the engines and etc...

just go by there and ask him whats up???

until you know his answer there is no legal issue at all...
Old 02-01-2009, 06:15 PM
DA CLAN!

Originally Posted by nftuatn
ok well let me reprase it then....he is honestly not worried/interested in working on your car...so go to the shop and tell him your there to pick it up....if he hands you the keys and says goodbye then you are fine...

legally he hasnt done his end of the work so you shouldnt owe him anything...

but he will prolly wanna charge you for removal of the engines and etc...

just go by there and ask him whats up???

until you know his answer there is no legal issue at all...
the problem is that if he does want me to pay im in trouble beacuse i have no money at this time. and if he finds that out then all hell have to do is take a lein out on the car and im fucked.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:19 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Originally Posted by supercoupeman
the problem is that if he does want me to pay im in trouble beacuse i have no money at this time. and if he finds that out then all hell have to do is take a lein out on the car and im fucked.
wtf???why (and i know your going to say you had the money when you dropped it off)
and i own a repair shop and take cars from customers on a regular basis...

why drop your car off when you dont have the funds to fix it????you have no idea when he will call you and say hey your cars ready and then what...

oh um i dont have any money

well then you get charged storage and end up losing the car...

i think in your situation you need to man up and go tell him your broke and ask for your car back

when you go take the title with you and when he says he will process it and take it from you just hand him the title and tell him your sorry....and walk out

learn from this experience.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:43 PM
DA CLAN!

maybe you do have a shop but do you just totally not finish work? do you make your coustomers wait for a year or more to get their car back? no im not going to his shop to get a car that has bs work done to it and paying him shit. ill most likely have to take the entire engine out and redo the shit he messed up. I did have the money for the swap when i took the car in and i did 6 MONTHS LATER and i did A YEAR later but things come up sometimes. How can i be expected to have the money anytime he wants it but he cant be on a timeline to finish the damn car? Ill have the money in a week anyway ill just go up their and ask for my car back not paying for any labor only parts.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:45 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nope i finish all my work...

but let us know how it goes..
Old 02-01-2009, 06:56 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

Just talk it over with the garage.

Then worry about legal stuff.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Fuck Bitches, Get $$

rydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud of

You waited a year to say something? You haven't needed the car for a YEAR but suddenly you need it now, but you know its still not running? And if you could "finish" it yourself, why drop it off with them in the first place? And don't say something like, "well, id rather just pay them to do it" because obviously you don't have the funds to do that, so that logic and reason is null and void.

That better be one HELL of a swap...And if its not, I swear to God, dont respond and tell me its a B-series in a Honda...Just keep that to yourself. Ignorance is bliss.

Quick Reply: major problem need legal help