Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

LOL at this guy. Title issue drama inside.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:43 PM
NAZI mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: LOL at this guy. Title issue drama inside.

Originally Posted by HatefulMechanic
you are completely missing the point that the vehicle HAS to be titled/nr certificate/whatever to "steve" before it can legally be sold to the individual in IA.

The dealer in SC cannot issue the title to the dude in IA, cause they are not the one that sold it to them.

Bottom line is "steve" has to get the vehicle in his name in some form, whether it be a repo title reissue, a salvage certificate, or whatever, then he signs it over to the IA dude.

the father is correct, and to be honest, I would be pretty happy he is giving this final opportunity to fix it, since its pretty apparent that both the seller and purchaser are not well versed in this situation.

cliff notes:

"steve" gets vehicle titled in his name from SC dealer.
"steve" signs title over to IA purchaser.

I really do not see what the big deal is here, it is standard procedure for selling a vehicle.

So if the dealership (say for instance) refuses to help, or dosent exist anymore, he can apply for a salvage title for this car?
Old 01-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

jdmchef jdmchef

why doesnt the tool just let the bank deal with it. shit im sure they could just come up with a clean title faster than they could. but if they can and they take posseion of the vehicle just buy it back. again what dumbass takes out an autoloan for 2000 dollars. either way the bank will get what they want..lulzz
Old 01-23-2010, 06:52 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by Donkey Punch
So if the dealership (say for instance) refuses to help, or dosent exist anymore, he can apply for a salvage title for this car?
kinda. its not necessarily the dealers issue so to say, but the lien holder.

A repossession title is given to the lien holder when it is brought back into their possession, so they can regain legal ownership rights.

If the lienholder is no longer in business, most of the time any legal claims they have to the vehicle are gone, but it depends on how they went out of business. If they filed bankruptcy, it gets complicated real fast.

If the dealer was the lienholder (ie a typical buy here, pay here establishment) they should help. I would not expect them to do it for free, if it were my problem I was dealing with I would get down there and speak with them in the universal language: cash. Offer to pay them for their time, and be professional and it will be done quick.

If the dealer is out of business, it is gonna be hard cause it will have the lien released at the SC DMV and then titled in VA, then signed over to the IA guy.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

To add; I've had a lien holder taken off a title. I literally called up the bank, spent 15 min on the phone, they checked the account, determined the lien had been satisfied, and sent a letter stating such. I took this letter, along with a certifed mail reciept to the DMV (abandoned vehicle) and I recieved a title in my name. If the lien has been satisfied or the lien holder is willing, they can remove themself from the title. This would probably be the easiest way to remedy this situation.

Edit: also, you told the purchaser that the car couldn't be title in VA. . . you never mentioned Iowa. Did you make it very clear that the car was being sold for parts only, or did you just mention there was title issues? To save headache - next time, either sell a car with a valid title, or for parts only.

Last edited by RandomTask; 01-23-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:11 PM
sohc only

1slow4dr has disabled reputation

That's crazy over a slomaro wow
Old 01-24-2010, 07:50 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by RandomTask
To add; I've had a lien holder taken off a title. I literally called up the bank, spent 15 min on the phone, they checked the account, determined the lien had been satisfied, and sent a letter stating such. I took this letter, along with a certifed mail reciept to the DMV (abandoned vehicle) and I recieved a title in my name. If the lien has been satisfied or the lien holder is willing, they can remove themself from the title. This would probably be the easiest way to remedy this situation.

Edit: also, you told the purchaser that the car couldn't be title in VA. . . you never mentioned Iowa. Did you make it very clear that the car was being sold for parts only, or did you just mention there was title issues? To save headache - next time, either sell a car with a valid title, or for parts only.

WE told the guy that there were issues titling it beucase of the dealer fuck-up. WE TOLD HIM the car was for parts only, but steve included the title in case the guy wanted to try for himself.

After researching this, the only thjing the guy can sue for is $1300, which is what he wrote on the bill of sale. If he attempts to go to court, he is going to lose money. The state of VA is the only thing he really has to worry about at this point.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by Donkey Punch
WE told the guy that there were issues titling it beucase of the dealer fuck-up. WE TOLD HIM the car was for parts only, but steve included the title in case the guy wanted to try for himself.

After researching this, the only thjing the guy can sue for is $1300, which is what he wrote on the bill of sale. If he attempts to go to court, he is going to lose money. The state of VA is the only thing he really has to worry about at this point.
If you explicitly told him for parts, only, i'd tell him to go fuck himself.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:20 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

Here's the problem.............

There's no paper signed by both parties stating that they acknowledge the problem with the title.

Therefore, old dude with best inentions for his son is pretty much in a tough situation or simply stated, FUCKED. Guy who sold the car is going to jail because old dude from Iowa said so. Just sayin'
Old 01-30-2010, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

broken.v6 broken.v6 broken.v6 broken.v6

somebody is getting slammed in the ass
Old 01-30-2010, 07:14 AM
Reef tank addict

phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber

what else would u expect from a camaro owner?

Quick Reply: LOL at this guy. Title issue drama inside.