Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

License Plate Renewal Issue

Old 08-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MimoG3 has disabled reputation
Default License Plate Renewal Issue

So I went to the DMV today and when i went to renew my plates they told me that "Richmond" put in a note they can't read, they would have to call "Richmond". now i never got anything in the mail but i can't help but think it might be something with the combination i chose. if they wanted the plates back do you think they would halt my ability to renew those plates.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2012, 04:14 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: License Plate Renewal Issue

Originally Posted by MimoG3
So I went to the DMV today and when i went to renew my plates they told me that "Richmond" put in a note they can't read, they would have to call "Richmond". now i never got anything in the mail but i can't help but think it might be something with the combination i chose. if they wanted the plates back do you think they would halt my ability to renew those plates.

Thanks
Why didn't you ask for clarification before you fucking walked out?
Old 08-30-2012, 05:17 PM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

What does your personalized plate say? Or renew it online and avoid DMV all together.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

To lord humongeous, I was at the DMV till 6:20, they called my number after hours, so when I asked them what the issue was they told me they can't access the notes and they would have to call them during normal business hours.

To smokeybear, my plate says Noe-Homo, some how I think it slipped through when they gave it to me, when I try to do it online it says unable to process transaction

Last edited by MimoG3; 08-30-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:40 PM
N2OWNED

99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula

To smokeybear, my plate says Noe-Homo, some how I think it slipped through when they gave it to me, when I try to do it online it says unable to process transaction
Your plates say "no homo" and you are wondering why they aren't renewing them??? I hear the DMV is accepting applications.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

I had a thought that might be the reason it's held back. Just wanted to see if that is a red flag saying that your plates are gone now, and if that anyone who had their plates taken away had the same issue. I never received anything in the mail saying that i need to send them back. I did just check my registration on the DMV site, and it looks like my plate number has changed, so i'm probably gonna have to say goodbye to my old plates

Last edited by MimoG3; 08-30-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:18 AM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

To lord humongeous, I was at the DMV till 6:20, they called my number after hours, so when I asked them what the issue was they told me they can't access the notes and they would have to call them during normal business hours.

I don't think DMV is going to renew them ( "offensive"). Enjoy them hanging on your garage wall once they expire, in the meantime work on a new combination.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I did just check my registration on the DMV site, and it looks like my plate number has changed, so i'm probably gonna have to say goodbye to my old plates
Well, there's your answer.