VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   License Plate Renewal Issue (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/license-plate-renewal-issue-451692/)

MimoG3 08-30-2012 03:48 PM

License Plate Renewal Issue

So I went to the DMV today and when i went to renew my plates they told me that "Richmond" put in a note they can't read, they would have to call "Richmond". now i never got anything in the mail but i can't help but think it might be something with the combination i chose. if they wanted the plates back do you think they would halt my ability to renew those plates.

Thanks

Lord Humongous 08-30-2012 04:14 PM

Re: License Plate Renewal Issue

Originally Posted by MimoG3 (Post 7920145)
So I went to the DMV today and when i went to renew my plates they told me that "Richmond" put in a note they can't read, they would have to call "Richmond". now i never got anything in the mail but i can't help but think it might be something with the combination i chose. if they wanted the plates back do you think they would halt my ability to renew those plates.

Thanks

Why didn't you ask for clarification before you fucking walked out?

SMOKEYBEAR 08-30-2012 05:17 PM

What does your personalized plate say? Or renew it online and avoid DMV all together.

MimoG3 08-30-2012 06:06 PM

To lord humongeous, I was at the DMV till 6:20, they called my number after hours, so when I asked them what the issue was they told me they can't access the notes and they would have to call them during normal business hours.

To smokeybear, my plate says Noe-Homo, some how I think it slipped through when they gave it to me, when I try to do it online it says unable to process transaction

99formula 08-30-2012 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by MimoG3 (Post 7920307)
To smokeybear, my plate says Noe-Homo, some how I think it slipped through when they gave it to me, when I try to do it online it says unable to process transaction

Your plates say "no homo" and you are wondering why they aren't renewing them??? I hear the DMV is accepting applications.

MimoG3 08-30-2012 09:13 PM

I had a thought that might be the reason it's held back. Just wanted to see if that is a red flag saying that your plates are gone now, and if that anyone who had their plates taken away had the same issue. I never received anything in the mail saying that i need to send them back. I did just check my registration on the DMV site, and it looks like my plate number has changed, so i'm probably gonna have to say goodbye to my old plates

SMOKEYBEAR 08-31-2012 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by MimoG3 (Post 7920307)
To lord humongeous, I was at the DMV till 6:20, they called my number after hours, so when I asked them what the issue was they told me they can't access the notes and they would have to call them during normal business hours.

I don't think DMV is going to renew them ( "offensive"). Enjoy them hanging on your garage wall once they expire, in the meantime work on a new combination.

Fabrik8 09-01-2012 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by MimoG3 (Post 7920440)
I did just check my registration on the DMV site, and it looks like my plate number has changed, so i'm probably gonna have to say goodbye to my old plates

Well, there's your answer.