Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

E46 M3 vs. S13 SR20DET w/ Tein Type HEs

Old 03-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Gone.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts
Default Re: E46 M3 vs. S13 SR20DET w/ Tein Type HEs

Your friend is just trying to sell the car, salesmen at dealerships talk out of their asses all the time to make a sale.

E46 Hands down and turn more heads.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

gonzarilla is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO E46 M3's are over-rated for being 50K+

Beemer doods have swollen heads and can't stand it when another car can perform just as well or better on the track.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by gonzarilla

Beemer doods have swollen heads and can't stand it when another car can perform just as well or better on the track.
That statement is true for the most part, the majority of bmw drivers are assholes....BUT....that 240 isn't out performing or even close to performing to the E46's suspension controlled by the ECU which makes dampening adjustments to the tune of 10K calculations a second. A set of weak ass Tiens just won't cut it.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Weird, because to me they are usually middle aged men who simply enjoy riding their bikes.

I'm such an asshole.
Originally Posted by FlipLegend
That statement is true for the most part, the majority of bmw drivers are assholes
Thanks.
BUT....that 240 isn't out performing or even close to performing to the E46's suspension controlled by the ECU which makes dampening adjustments to the tune of 10K calculations a second. A set of weak ass Tiens just won't cut it.
Ok, here's my opinion; take it for what it's worth. My friend has a 240 with pretty much only suspension done to it. (springs/shocks/sways/f&r strut bars, tie rods) I've driven it alot, hard. It's very competitive in auto-cross, but if he wanted to run with an E46 M3, I personally think, he'd need really good tires, a bigger brake system, a nice LSD and some horsepower. The thing about the M3 is that all of the pieces are designed to work as a unit while the 240 is pieced together using various parts. The 240 is at a disadvantage from the get-go, but I'm positive that you can build a 240 to smack the shit out of an E46 M3. The big thing that the 240 has going for it is weight, the E46s are heavy mothers. Even the 330 that I'm driving now is impressive in the handling department, but in high speed corners, you can just feel all the weight shifting. In the 240, you don't have that at all. Alright, I'm just rambling. Toodles.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Gone.

I'm an asshole BMW driver too...ahem title ahem. I see what you mean though, the 240 has to be highly modified to keep up with a stock E46.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

A set of weak ass Tiens just won't cut it.
true
Old 03-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Gone.

Actually, you can pick up a new one for $47K but it won't have a sunroof!
Old 03-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

Actually, you can pick up a new one for $47K but it won't have a sunroof!
really, where at? Maybe I'll get another one.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:41 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

i had no idea they ran low 13's stock jesus

nuts
Old 03-23-2005, 03:09 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Greaser
Does he have experience on the track?
dont think so

Quick Reply: E46 M3 vs. S13 SR20DET w/ Tein Type HEs