Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

E46 M3 vs. S13 SR20DET w/ Tein Type HEs

Old 03-24-2005, 06:56 AM
Kicking Ass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T
Default Re: E46 M3 vs. S13 SR20DET w/ Tein Type HEs

Originally Posted by FlipLegend
Don't get mad because the M3 is a better car than the 240 or your MR2.
Right...
Old 03-24-2005, 06:57 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

Great! We both agree on something.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Kicking Ass

Great! We both agree on something.
It still doesn't change the fact that your an asshole and the M3 isn't god's gift to man. Being better than a car that cost 20k isn't something to brag about.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:04 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Brian T
It still doesn't change the fact that your an asshole and the M3 isn't god's gift to man. Being better than a car that cost 20k isn't something to brag about.
Thanks! I am an asshole. How about this...even an 89 E30 M3 will own both the 240 and your MR2 anyday of the week. You can buy one for less than $20K. How about them apples?

Oh, and the Civic is God's gift to man.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:13 AM
Kicking Ass

Thanks! I am an asshole. How about this...even an 89 E30 M3 will own both the 240 and your MR2 anyday of the week. You can buy one for less than $20K. How about them apples?

Oh, and the Civic is God's gift to man.
Um, ok. We are still comparing apples and oranges. You're trying awfuly hard to make yourself feel better. How about this: A stock S2k, which can be bought used for as low as 15k and bought new for 30k out-handled and out drove your 47k e46. Now if you dump 17k into a brand new S2k, god knows how much faster it would be compared to your overpriced e46. Will you still own a Bimmer, and someone else will just own a Honda? Sure. If that's the only reason you buy a Bimmer, as a status symbol, then fine.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:21 AM
Gone.

I'm not even talking about E46's anymore because you brought in the subject of price. I'm talking about an E30 M3 which can be bought for about the same price as a used S2K. I'm saying that the E30 will out handle the S2K, E36,240 w/tiens, & the E46....maybe not the E46 M3 though. The S2K and E30 M3 are both in the same price range now but the almost 20 year old E30 will still hand you that ass. Dump the same amount of loot into both and the E30 will still rock it. Anymore attempts at trying to down Bavarian engineering? I don't have a BMW because of the status, I hate being stereotyped as an asshole which I'm really not. But the fact remains, BMW's engineering is simply better than the cars you are trying to compare it to.

Last edited by FlipLegend; 03-24-2005 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:32 AM
Kicking Ass

Ok lets do the math. This is your logic: S2k>e46. S2k<e30. e30<e46. Do you not see the conflict in that?

You hate being stereotyped as an asshole? You sound exactly like them.
"BMW is the bestest!!!1111"

I'm not trying to undermine 'Bavarian' engineering. They are amazing cars in general. However, they are not the best performance car. Not even close.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:39 AM
Gone.

Actually, my logic was this E46 M3 > E30 M3 > S2K > 240 w/tiens as far as performance. But if were talking about performance and price, IMO, my pick would be E30 M3 > 240 w/tiens > S2K > E46 M3. I'm not saying BMW is the best car maker in the world, I'm just trying to stay on topic since this originated as an E46 vs. 240 thread. If we start arguing about the best performance car, this thread would steer farther off course than that 240 on the track.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Kicking Ass

Well thats funny because I clearly have a BMI video of pro race car drivers driving stock cars around Tsukuba and the e46 doesn't fair very well. Your basically just going on a wild ass guess that the Bimmer is better. I mean its pointless to argue with a BMW asshole. I don't know why I try.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:46 AM
Gone.

So you have a video of a German made M3 doing bad in a japanese course driven by a japanese driver. What about a german course with german drivers? Or an american track with american drivers? Ok you win, BMW's suck and even the 05 M5 aint worth shit.

I have a video of an 88 M3 stolen by som 15 or 16 year old kid being chased by a cop.......and the cop didn't fair very well. Cop cars must suck ass.

Last edited by FlipLegend; 03-24-2005 at 07:49 AM.

Quick Reply: E46 M3 vs. S13 SR20DET w/ Tein Type HEs