Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

E46 M3 vs. S13 SR20DET w/ Tein Type HEs

Old 03-23-2005, 06:33 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22
Default Re: E46 M3 vs. S13 SR20DET w/ Tein Type HEs

Whoever thinks a M3 isnt nimble, cant handle, or any other thing is a fucking moron. If you've ever driven even a big 5 series BMW, you'd know that they are VERY nimble cars. Their suspension is almost always overengineered for the car, and that is why BMW's are monsters in road course races.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:16 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

It all really depends on the driver. I've passed both a E46 and E36 M3 at Vir. The guy with the E46 was taking it easy on the car in the brake zones and was getting on it a little early. Now, I know that if had been more comfortable and had more experiance I wouldnt of passed him.

The E36 though, he was trying and knew how to drive somewhat. It took me a couple of laps to pass him. Both cars looked stock, the E36 might of had some mods.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:38 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Originally Posted by Shawn
Whoever thinks a M3 isnt nimble, cant handle, or any other thing is a fucking moron. If you've ever driven even a big 5 series BMW, you'd know that they are VERY nimble cars. Their suspension is almost always overengineered for the car, and that is why BMW's are monsters in road course races.
Very nimble compared to what? Obviously we are on a subject of relativity. Tsuchiya himself didn't find the e46 nimble. He complained about the weight and got beat by a stock S2k at Tsukuba. I guess he's a fucking moron.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:04 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Brian T
Very nimble compared to what? Obviously we are on a subject of relativity. Tsuchiya himself didn't find the e46 nimble. He complained about the weight and got beat by a stock S2k at Tsukuba. I guess he's a fucking moron.
I think we were comparing it to a 240 with Tiens. Maybe Tsuchiya couldn't see over the steering wheel. Oh I'm sorry, the Japanese are Gods in road racing.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:10 AM
Kicking Ass

Originally Posted by FlipLegend
I think we were comparing it to a 240 with Tiens. Maybe Tsuchiya couldn't see over the steering wheel. Oh I'm sorry, the Japanese are Gods in road racing.
No, but he has been a pro race car driver for almost two decades and that makes him an expert in the subject as far as I'm concerned. I'll take his word over some fool on Drag VA. I'm sure he'd have no problem passing you on a road course, and pretty much anybody on here or do you want to argue with that also?
Old 03-24-2005, 06:31 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

No, but he has been a pro race car driver for almost two decades and that makes him an expert in the subject as far as I'm concerned. I'll take his word over some fool on Drag VA. I'm sure he'd have no problem passing you on a road course, and pretty much anybody on here or do you want to argue with that also?
I think what actual point is that you could put him in a 240sx and take a german driver who been racing for 20 years and put him in a M3, and the M3 would win over a 240sx with only Tein HE coilovers.

You say he got passed by a stock S2k (whose driver was probably familiar with that car), but even a stock S2k will outhandle a 240sx with just coilovers.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:40 AM
Kicking Ass

^This is true. I was just making a reply to this statement. It was just general info about the M3 rather than a comparison to a near-stock 240sx. I doubt the 20 year experience German driver would have faired much better against the S2k...not at Tsukuba anyways.
Originally Posted by Shawn

Last edited by Brian T; 03-24-2005 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:50 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

So just because 1 japanese racer says he doesn't like the car, that means the car sucks? You don't have to take my word, I still believe fully that the M3 will own the 240.
I don't know what your definition of "near stock" but the 240 is quite far from "near stock." Unless they all came with SR20DET's.
1990 S13 Fastback
- blacktop SR20DET
- ebay non-equal length, tubular exhaust manifold
- Tein HEs all the way around

Last edited by FlipLegend; 03-24-2005 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:52 AM
Kicking Ass

Originally Posted by FlipLegend
So just because 1 japanese racer says he doesn't like the car, that means the car sucks? You don't have to take my word, I still believe fully that the M3 will own the 240.
Did I ever say he said it sucks or he didn't like it? Did I ever say this guys 240 would own the M3? No. But I'm also not going to believe its the most awesomest god's gift to man from a self-proclaimed bimmer asshole.

It's certainly not heavily modified. Its got some spring & damper combo, header, and a motor that comes stock on a car exactly like it overseas.

Last edited by Brian T; 03-24-2005 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:54 AM
Gone.

Did I ever say he said it sucks or he didn't like it? Did I ever say this guys 240 would own the M3? No. But I'm also not going to believe its the most awesomest god's gift to man from a self-proclaimed bimmer asshole.
Don't get mad because the M3 is a better car than the 240 or your MR2.

Quick Reply: E46 M3 vs. S13 SR20DET w/ Tein Type HEs