Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Attn: Toyota guys

Old 01-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Get a bowl today

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin
Default Attn: Toyota guys

What do i need to modify/ remove From a 20v Silvertop to fit into an 87 MR 2?

Will there be clearance Issues with the ITBs?
Old 01-02-2007, 07:37 AM
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Attn: Toyota guys

The motor will go in no problem. Almost bolt in as long as you have your original engine for brackets and such. Your best bet is to checkout MR2.com or MR2oc.com. The only issue you will run into is if you want to use the silver top trans. That will have to be modified. Also the stock mr2 computer will not work to run that engine properly so you need to look at modding the silver top harness ect... or look towards ems... If you need any more info or help let me know.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:57 AM

BAMAXXX has disabled reputation

id love to help you but im no knowlage about mk1 head to mr2oc they have a seperate section for mk1's and an endless database of knowlageble people
Old 01-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Get a bowl today

Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin

Originally Posted by PrecisionAuto
The motor will go in no problem. Almost bolt in as long as you have your original engine for brackets and such. Your best bet is to checkout MR2.com or MR2oc.com. The only issue you will run into is if you want to use the silver top trans. That will have to be modified. Also the stock mr2 computer will not work to run that engine properly so you need to look at modding the silver top harness ect... or look towards ems... If you need any more info or help let me know.
Thanks man, we've got the wiring harness and found a guy on mr2oc that does the wiring for pretty cheap. This is for my friend im trying to convince him to run the ST's tranny.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:10 PM
PJ2
Registered Member

PJ2

Originally Posted by IFit
Thanks man, we've got the wiring harness and found a guy on mr2oc that does the wiring for pretty cheap. This is for my friend im trying to convince him to run the ST's tranny.
If you decide to do that check out www.padandwheels.com, he has a bunch of write-ups incliding one on how to convert it so you can use it in an MR2. He also installed a ST in his 85.