Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Local chrome plating?

Old 12-14-2010, 10:19 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Local chrome plating?

I'm gonna be doing this soon too (for the lips) should I do triple plating in chrome or the powder chrome? Is there a noticeable difference between the powder chrome and the triple plating? if so would it be worth the extra money? Then I'm thinking gold for the faces.

EDIT: this is also the first time my entire set has been together (put the winter set on)
Old 12-15-2010, 03:49 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired

I'm gonna be doing this soon too (for the lips) should I do triple plating in chrome or the powder chrome? Is there a noticeable difference between the powder chrome and the triple plating? if so would it be worth the extra money? Then I'm thinking gold for the faces.

EDIT: this is also the first time my entire set has been together (put the winter set on)
As said above,you can't chrome just part of a wheel.You'd have to do the whole thing,and see then see if any powdercoating place would be willing to scuff the face and coat over the chrome(or if it's even possible).You could also see if a paintshop would do the same,but again,I don't know if paint would even adhere to scuffed chrome.

Go with the powdercoat chrome,then you can have the faces done at the same time.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:23 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by TNGChris
As said above,you can't chrome just part of a wheel.You'd have to do the whole thing,and see then see if any powdercoating place would be willing to scuff the face and coat over the chrome(or if it's even possible).You could also see if a paintshop would do the same,but again,I don't know if paint would even adhere to scuffed chrome.

Go with the powdercoat chrome,then you can have the faces done at the same time.
Ah, didn't know that, I'll definitely be going powder chrome then.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Registered Member

droe2001 has disabled reputation

i actually work with a guy that has his own chrome business in the cburg area. its called chrome crazy, he has shown me a few samples of his work and it looks great. not sure if it is actually chrome plating or powder coating, but if you want i will get some more information from him and post his number if anyone is interested. just lmk