Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Local chrome plating?

Old 12-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts
Default Local chrome plating?

I am looking to have the lips of my wheels and some other things chromed but can't seem to find someone local,or even semilocal to do it.Does anyone know anyone that does it?If so,could you please post someway to contact them.

Thanks.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Local chrome plating?

Nobody?
Old 12-06-2010, 05:42 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

only one i know of is hanlon plating in richmond...

http://www.hanlonplating.com/
Old 12-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nftuatn
only one i know of is hanlon plating in richmond...

http://www.hanlonplating.com/
Thanks,i was looking for a little more local but that isn't to far out.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:48 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

good luck...osha and the epa shut down nearly all chroming operations years ago....

hanlon is the ONLY one i know of in va...but there may be another
Old 12-06-2010, 07:51 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Check Wheel Works in Salem. They have a sign that says "chrome wheel works", so I would assume they do chrome plating. They fixed a bend in 2 of my FN01RC's, and they did a great job. Quick turnover as well...I dropped them off at 5pm on wednesday and they were done by 11am Thursday. They do all our wheel work for the car lot.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
Check Wheel Works in Salem. They have a sign that says "chrome wheel works", so I would assume they do chrome plating. They fixed a bend in 2 of my FN01RC's, and they did a great job. Quick turnover as well...I dropped them off at 5pm on wednesday and they were done by 11am Thursday. They do all our wheel work for the car lot.
I'll definitly be giving them a call,i forget they even existed.They've done great work for me as well.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:30 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

There are no *retail* chroming operations in SWVA any more. The closest you will find is Tri City Plating in Johnson City TN, or Concord Plating in Concord NC.

ElectroPlateRite in Dublin is no longer doing walk in work for any non-existing customer, and they are waning their operations down at the end of the year.

I am not sure of the work from the one listed above, but I have sent several pieces to Tri City and have had good luck.

The powdercoater in Salem right next to James River Equipment has a chrome powder coat, and honestly it looks pretty good. You may want to look into that, it is a much less expensive option. You do realize that the ENTIRE wheel will have to be chromed for just the lip, right?
Old 12-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by HatefulMechanic
There are no *retail* chroming operations in SWVA any more. The closest you will find is Tri City Plating in Johnson City TN, or Concord Plating in Concord NC.

ElectroPlateRite in Dublin is no longer doing walk in work for any non-existing customer, and they are waning their operations down at the end of the year.

I am not sure of the work from the one listed above, but I have sent several pieces to Tri City and have had good luck.

The powdercoater in Salem right next to James River Equipment has a chrome powder coat, and honestly it looks pretty good. You may want to look into that, it is a much less expensive option. You do realize that the ENTIRE wheel will have to be chromed for just the lip, right?
There was that place Aluma-Chrome near Greensboro,but I'm not sure if they're still in business(and i don't think they actually did the plating in-house).
I've seen some parts done with the chrome style powder coat,and it does look really good,especially if you do only want the lips done,since that's really the only option.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

Chrome duct tape, and a razorblade...why is this so complicated?

Seriously, the chrome powdercoating that I've seen has looked really nice. As stated above, I would check into that.

Quick Reply: Local chrome plating?