Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Insurance Help

Old 09-21-2008, 05:41 PM
It tilts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation
Default Insurance Help

Got rear ended turning onto king street from gus nicks this morning and not only did It take the cops 2 hours to get there....But the guy also didnt have his shit....

Anyways around 5pm his insurance company calls me and tells me to take my car to Burgland Body works by 2pm monday and they will have my rental there from enterprise...But they also informed me Gas...Mileage cap and oh yea the rental insurance falls on me for 20 bucks an day....

Dont I have the right to pick my body shop?

Shouldnt they pay for EVERYTHING on the rental car (seeing as I travel 30 miles each way to work) *Mileage cap is 100 miles for 3 days*

Would this make my Insurance company raise MY rates as he Hit me and admitted guilt ?
Old 09-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low
Default Re: Insurance Help

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
Got rear ended turning onto king street from gus nicks this morning and not only did It take the cops 2 hours to get there....But the guy also didnt have his shit....

Anyways around 5pm his insurance company calls me and tells me to take my car to Burgland Body works by 2pm monday and they will have my rental there from enterprise...But they also informed me Gas...Mileage cap and oh yea the rental insurance falls on me for 20 bucks an day....

Dont I have the right to pick my body shop?

Shouldnt they pay for EVERYTHING on the rental car (seeing as I travel 30 miles each way to work) *Mileage cap is 100 miles for 3 days*

Would this make my Insurance company raise MY rates as he Hit me and admitted guilt ?

yes
yes
no
Old 09-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

temp2 will become famous soon enoughtemp2 will become famous soon enough

if theyre shady, as far as picking your own shop, they'll send out an adjuster, imo make it look as bad as you can but dont lie about stuff that had nothing to do with the accident. After that, they'll cut a check. take the check and get the parts you need, then see if you can get some of the damage out/wetsand/prime/etc yourself, then take to body shop for a spray by a painter you know and trust. most bodywork is prep labor i think.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:34 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Yes, they should cover the full cost of the rental, but obviously not gas or additional insurance on the vehicle. Yes, you have the right to pick the body shop. You can get as many estimates as you want from as many shops as you want. You also have the right to request they cut you a check instead.

As for raising your insurance rates--no. It's a not at fault accident. Unless your insurance company needed to get involved with subrogation to get the other insurance company to pay up, you're just a John Doe who's getting paid. You're not reporting it to your insurance company assuming they're paying up to your satisfaction. If they're not, talk to your agent and have their subrogation team deal with it to get you what you deserve.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:37 AM
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

and I wouldn't get it done at berglund bodyworks for sure.....
Old 09-22-2008, 05:39 AM
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
not only did It take the cops 2 hours to get there....
?
which is crazy, because I can't go two blocks with out seeing punk police. Its like they are mating behind bushes or something.