Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

insurance

Old 01-16-2004, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stumpz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default insurance

yeah wow..just recently i insured my first 240 i think a few days before christmas or after i don't remember. well i just picked up another 240 on saturday the 10th and had my geico policy switched to this 240. well it turns out, the day the first 240 was put on the policy which had the sr in it, geico sent out a letter saying that my family has been dropped from the insurance policy starting feb 18th due to confirmed racing... mother ****er, show me a damn picture of my car leaving my ****ing street and i'll pay you 10 grand. it's weird though, when my mom called to switch the insurance over to the new 240, they said alright i need the vin number and you are set..didn't say nething about being dropped. i haven't been able to call them yet due to the underwriters department being open from like 8 to 5 mon - fri. i do know insurance companies can drop anyone they want to for no reason at all, but i at least thought it would be like getting fired from a job..in virginia the law says you can be fired for a good reason or no reason at all...not for a dumb reason... i just find it really odd how they sent the letter out the day the first 240 was put on our policy...newayz, if something cannot be worked out between geico and us, will it be hard to find another insurance company due to being dropped....about a month ago we were going to switch to all-state and pay 100 dollars more w/ the 240, than what we are paying for neither 240 (just the camry and the civic). will it still be at this rate or will they be like "whoa hey, you have been dropped, **** you guys." or "u've been dropped, 2k more a year." i'm kind of venting so sorry it's written sloppy, <3, but yeah, hook me up with some input..i just find it somewhat hard to believe. oh and btw, i have a clean record..no tickets, no accidents, etc. etc.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:57 AM
Banned

95jdmhatch is an unknown quantity at this point

Geico sent me a letter like a year ago saying they were going to drop me for two ticket my wife got they said it would happen when my policy ended but when it was time to renew they just renewed my policy so they are strange like that.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:48 AM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

geico expected me to pay 550 a month for my new vehicle. when she said that i just busted out laughing, and she had the nerve to say " ok so, do you want me to put the first month on your credit card." I was like, are you fucking kidding me? thats another 30k car payment. I just hung up the phone. Thats plain out ridiculous.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:53 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Insurance is the strangest running business ever. Nothing ever makes sense when it comes to this stuff. One company quotes $1,600/year, another $900/year. Retarded.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:53 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

give progressive a call...ive heard good things!
Old 01-17-2004, 01:42 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by gear
give progressive a call...ive heard good things!
Progressive is cheap, but quite possibly one of the shittiest insurance companies going.
Old 01-17-2004, 01:59 PM
Badgers Badgers

MOO COW has disabled reputation

Originally posted by XCELR8
Progressive is cheap, but quite possibly one of the shittiest insurance companies going.

I have to agree with you. I have progresive, and they have really screwed me in alot of places....................i say go with AL's Insurance Shop
Old 01-17-2004, 02:31 PM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

I have had Progressive for quite some time now and will never switch. I have had nothing but good experiences with them!!!
Old 01-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Badgers Badgers

MOO COW has disabled reputation

That is true......I did get in an accident, and the paid for it all. But I hated when I first had my policy, and when they told me that you only have to pay for 5 months, and then you have the 6th month off. what they dont tell you is that you pay you renewal money on that six month, if not you will have to double you insurance payment. i was a little pissed.......
Old 01-18-2004, 05:29 AM
'06 FF Champ

94SupraTT has disabled reputation

I have Progressive. I've only had one bad experience with them other than that I've been happy. They double billed me once. Their rates are great. Also their road side assistance has came in handy quite a few times. I pay $180 a month for my Supra, Millenia, and beater. Not bad if you ask me.

Quick Reply: insurance