Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Dane Miller R.I.P another downed rider

Old 12-18-2006, 01:39 PM
oh noes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Dane Miller R.I.P another downed rider

there sorry that was a lil unclear
Old 12-18-2006, 02:35 PM
HIGH FIVE!

upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown

Yeah, Heard about this Saturday... Wow. Times like this ( Bruce and Dane ) make me question whether or not I want to get another bike. People just don't pay enough attention to them. I used to see Dane all the time on the road, in the Tahoe. He was always pulling into or out of the road across from my work. Used to ride with him when I had the Gix6. What was he ridin? Still on the tiller? RIP Dane (& Bruce)... Both great guys.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:07 AM
oh noes

1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts1sol2nv is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by upSLIDEdown
Yeah, Heard about this Saturday... Wow. Times like this ( Bruce and Dane ) make me question whether or not I want to get another bike. People just don't pay enough attention to them. I used to see Dane all the time on the road, in the Tahoe. He was always pulling into or out of the road across from my work. Used to ride with him when I had the Gix6. What was he ridin? Still on the tiller? RIP Dane (& Bruce)... Both great guys.
he had a 03 gsxr600
Old 12-19-2006, 05:35 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Man this is horrible, riders be safe.. I have had a few close calls from oblivious people.. stay aware and be cautious everyone.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Where's the snow?

Chief_Rocka is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn man, sorry to hear.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by GaRn
Man this is horrible, riders be safe.. I have had a few close calls from oblivious people.. stay aware and be cautious everyone.
i agree.and make alot of noise when in traffic.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Registered Member

YeaThatsRight has disabled reputation

here are the two articles on both of those riders. read the difference between the two, and make your decision from them, and keep it to yourself. so now everyones informed....shut up.

One dies in wreck
From staff reports
Lynchburg News & Advance
Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Lynchburg man is dead after a Cadillac hit his motorcycle around 1 p.m. Saturday on Leesville Road.

According to the Lynchburg Police Department, Lisa McCray of Lynchburg was attempting to make a left turn onto private property when her 1991 Cadillac collided with Dane A. Miller’s 2003 Suzuki R600 motorcycle.

The Lynchburg Fire Department transported Miller to Lynchburg General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

McCray was charged with failure to yield the right of way.

No one in the Lynchburg Police Department was available for additional information Saturday afternoon.

The wreck is still under investigation.

=================================

Motorcyclist Killed In City Wreck Posted 2006-11-11

Crash Occurred Near Ashby Crossing

By David Reynolds

HARRISONBURG — A motorcyclist was killed in a crash on Devon Lane, near the Ashby Crossing apartment complex, at midday Friday.

Students watched from balconies as an ambulance left the scene after attempts to revive Staton Myers, 21, of Monroe failed.

Scraps of plastic from Myers’ Suzuki motorcycle were strewn in the road and a young woman sat on a curb sobbing. Officers with the Harrisonburg Police Department used yellow tape to section off part of the 1200 block of Devon Lane, then photographed the scene.

The wreck occurred around 12:30 p.m., as Myers was headed south on Devon Lane, according to a statement from the Harrisonburg Police Department. Police say Myers was traveling too fast when he crashed into a turning Toyota Camry.

Sgt. Shane Brown, of the police department, said the Camry likely began its left turn before the motorcycle crested a hill and became visible.

Based on the accident scene, the car appeared to be turning into the driveway that runs behind Dave’s Taverna Express on Port Republic Road.

Police, who did not release the name of the driver of the Camry, said the other motorist wasn’t at fault in the wreck. The police report gave no indication whether the Camry’s driver sustained any injuries in the crash.

heres the link to the harrisonburg news article http://www.dnronline.com/search_deta...or=&channelid=

Last edited by YeaThatsRight; 01-03-2007 at 12:49 AM. Reason: link provided