Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone going to the import quick 8 on Saturday?

Old 07-01-2007, 04:58 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Anyone going to the import quick 8 on Saturday?

8.2 is quick, but I would have thought the winner would have been running at least .5 seconds faster than that. I would have looked for at least a 7.5 second pass.

Still, cool...

Marshall: I assume you let motorcycles run. I never really had any interest in drag racing my (or any other) bike, but I'd like to come to the strip sometime and I might as well while I'm there. Are there any regulations regarding motorcycles?
Old 07-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Retards.

dragging240s is an unknown quantity at this point

There weren't really all that many imports out there to begin with.. I would hope that more imports will show up when Marshall does it again.. We seriously had a lot of fun and made the trip from Fairfax well worth it..

I qualifed 3rd in the 350 and ended up losing to the del sol due to me red lighting.. (I will say the left lane needs some serious work)
Old 07-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by tubbed240
There weren't really all that many imports out there to begin with.. I would hope that more imports will show up when Marshall does it again.. We seriously had a lot of fun and made the trip from Fairfax well worth it..

)
i'll definitely bring the coupe as soon as it's done.i could probably get a few other low 8/high 7 second cars to come too.
it's been at least six years since i last ran at NL-i'd love to check it out again since Marshall has taken over.
chris
Old 07-01-2007, 08:23 PM
FTW

GuNnErgOd is an unknown quantity at this point

Sucks its only a 1/8th mile track, not really worth the drive out there..
Old 07-01-2007, 08:26 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by GuNnErgOd
Sucks its only a 1/8th mile track, not really worth the drive out there..
You still on the kawi board?
Old 07-02-2007, 05:47 AM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

We had a blast out there.. Lots of cool people and some nice cars.. We're down with making the trip out there again when you have another event..
awesome, thanks again for coming down.
get that vert sorted! 90mph missing gears/banging the limiter - that thing is gonna be ridiculous on a solid pass.

I'm going to try to set up another quick 8 late august/early september, that should give everyone plenty of time to get their cars straight (including me )

Last edited by marshall; 07-02-2007 at 05:51 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:07 AM
03 evo 8

brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98

count me in next time. well deff get some 7sec cars up there, i can think of 4 as of right now that will most likely go.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:30 AM
www.TeamDOHC.org

Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy

Originally Posted by brianeclipse98
count me in next time. well deff get some 7sec cars up there, i can think of 4 as of right now that will most likely go.
sweet some competition
Old 07-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Retards.

dragging240s is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marshall
awesome, thanks again for coming down.
get that vert sorted! 90mph missing gears/banging the limiter - that thing is gonna be ridiculous on a solid pass.

I'm going to try to set up another quick 8 late august/early september, that should give everyone plenty of time to get their cars straight (including me )
Yeah man.. Shaun just needs some more seat time in it.. That was maybe his 5th or 6th pass where the car is actually making it down the track.. It's definitely got tons of potential though hahaha

We'll definitely come out for the next one.. If a miracle happens then maybe I can show up in my 240.. But I wouldn't get my hopes up lol..
Old 07-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

I qualifed 3rd in the 350 and ended up losing to the del sol due to me red lighting.. (I will say the left lane needs some serious work)
Did you break far into the 8's with the Z? Any mods?

Quick Reply: Anyone going to the import quick 8 on Saturday?