Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

SCCA rules

Old 06-22-2003, 05:06 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec
Default SCCA rules

I have a question for all of you who have a SoloII rule book.

I have a 02 sentra as many of you know. And, he car has a solid rear beam with 2deg toe in. I have read a few articals that the toe in can be bent out of it. Can someone tell me if this is legal in STX, and site the rule. I'm thinking that it is only a SM mod.

Thanx
Michael
Old 06-23-2003, 05:03 AM

jmciver is an unknown quantity at this point

I could not tell you off the top of my head, but my website has the rules posted so you can take a look for yourself.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:16 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

there are some rules that are not really clear in the books. This is one of them. You can "repair" a car, even if the car was never damaged. Many people "tweak" chassis and suspension parts to what is within the repair specs in the FACTORY body repair manuals. This will list specs for things like suspension points and the like that are outside of the tolerances they were built from the factory with. If this reapair manual shows an allowance for the rear toe axle to be say +- 2 degrees of tow, then you can make this "reapir" even to a car that has not been damaged. If you do something like this, make sure you can back up your change with FACTORY documentation, not something that came from an Chilton's manual or anything like that.