Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

TSCC Event on 15 June @ Little Creek

Old 06-03-2003, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jmciver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TSCC Event on 15 June @ Little Creek

I know it seems a bit early, but the 1st heat is half full (I am # 14), 2nd heat is full, 3rd and 4th heats are almost full (just a few spots left).

Also, in case you have not heard, we not be able to run at Little Creek for this event. There may be an exercise ocurring on that day. Although nothing is final, if ACU-4 should not be available, the event will mostlikely be held at Pungo.

This info came from Curtis Staples himself but like I said, nothing has officially changed yet.
Old 06-04-2003, 05:42 PM

turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point

I talked to Curtis today, since I had to yell at him for something work related, he says the chances of having ACU4 look really good..

BTW James, This is your offical notice.. I've got FRESH Kumho's (sorry, my ego seems to be stuck on "over inflated" today). Pillow-balls and axles might be here by then too..
Old 06-04-2003, 05:48 PM

Originally posted by turbochad

BTW James, This is your offical notice.. I've got FRESH Kumho's (sorry, my ego seems to be stuck on "over inflated" today). Pillow-balls and axles might be here by then too..
Well bring it on!!!!

Actually, I am not the man to beat. My performance (at least when it counted anyway) has been a real disappointment the last few events. Jerry on the other hand has been tearing stuff up lately, the last event in particular (check out the Team Challenge results).
Old 06-04-2003, 06:01 PM

Either way.. I'm looking forward to being on GOOD race rubber for once... Even when I was on hand-me-downs from scott, it was a pretty nice improvement.. But with fresh ones, it should be nice..

Actually, I'll probobly suck for the first few events, i've got to go back and refigure out all my tire pressures on top of some suspension changes I've made (or will be making soon). Going spend most of this weekend/next week tuning the car, wife will be gone for 10 days
Old 06-04-2003, 06:10 PM

Drive on the Khumos for about a week to/from work to help scuff them in. That way they won't be as greasy when you first use them at an event.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:42 PM

Drive the talon to work?! I think not. I put 2100 miles on it last YEAR. I've heard a few differing opinons on how to break them in, so I'm debating what I want to do. Doesn't matter right now, I still need to get my ghetto wheels out of the attic and decide if I'm going to dechrome/paint them or leave them as is.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:06 PM

Well that is what I did and it seemed to work pretty well. Over the course of the week I noticed how the tires gained grip as they got scuffed up. Not that I was breaking any speed limits or anything (but there is this one nice on-ramp close to my house ....)!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 03:50 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by turbochad
... I've heard a few differing opinons on how to break them in, so I'm debating what I want to do. Doesn't matter right now, I still need to get my ghetto wheels out of the attic and decide if I'm going to dechrome/paint them or leave them as is.
Tirerack.com has a section on tire breakin for these types of tires. I have gotten the story from the right people on this. Basically you have to heatcycle the tires once pretty good. This has to be the mechanical flexing of the body of the tire as well as getting the rubber up to operating (racing) temp. About 1-2 autocross runs would be ideal for this, but if oyu can't do that then mount the tires and take some exit ramps trying to balance left and right turns.

Then the important part is to take the tires off the car and let them cure for 24 hours, with no weight on them. In a road race car you want to take a few laps, then at least one very hard lap, then set the car in jack stands overnight or put on different tires. this will give maximum life and maximum adhesion for the tires life.

Oh.. and your ghetto wheels.... I need to do the same. I have a set of chrome wheels that I have race tires mounted on. I should paint them too.. but.....
Old 06-15-2003, 04:48 PM

JRSCdSi is an unknown quantity at this point

Today's course was a lot of fun for those of us who got runs in while it was dry... first two heats. I really liked the course layout. It was fast, with high speed corners and two nice straights followed by hard breaking sections. A fast mid-40 second course! Now if it would just stop raining every friggin' Sunday.

I worked the 3rd heat which was the worst heat evar! Long, raining, and the timer broke for the day. I didn't get to see the Vipers run? Was it entertaining? 550 ft-lb + RWD + rain = automotive enthusiast eye candy. Chad, how will scoring go for those who got timed with the stopwatch?

My best was a 47.6, and it wasn't a perfect run (how many are?). But, I finally got to compare how I'm doing against another completely stock S2000 with a good driver. I was 3 tenths of a second better, so I'm happy to know that I'm on pace with what the car's capable of right now.
Old 06-15-2003, 05:50 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

I had to split after I marshalled I had a 47.4 on my last run. I will be making some changes to the car for next time.

Did the times gey that much slower after the rain?

Quick Reply: TSCC Event on 15 June @ Little Creek