Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

How to get started at VIR?

Old 06-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default How to get started at VIR?

I'm looking to get into some actual track events like at VIR, but im unsure how to do it. I checked out there website but couldnt find anything. I'm looking for events that require minimun alteration to you car since i will be taking my street car. Do all events require rollcages, harness, etc. ? Do i need to take a test? I guess just whats the best way in general to get some seat time out on the track.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:59 PM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to get started at VIR?

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
I'm looking to get into some actual track events like at VIR, but im unsure how to do it. I checked out there website but couldnt find anything. I'm looking for events that require minimun alteration to you car since i will be taking my street car. Do all events require rollcages, harness, etc. ? Do i need to take a test? I guess just whats the best way in general to get some seat time out on the track.
hahaha, after getting some seat time at the BMW track today i've been wondering the same thing. i really had such a blast. 13 times better than drag racing.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:26 PM
"Without Limit"

00lude is an unknown quantity at this point

HPDE, all you need is a car that'll pass tech and a helmet. Somebody will chime in soon.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:09 PM
<3's Photography

240dreams has disabled reputation

Most people go to driving schools. Check out www.trackschedule.com
Old 06-23-2006, 08:20 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

www.carguys.com <-- instructor rides along in your passenger seat, best way to learn! May seem expensive at first but well worth it and actually a much better bargain than drag racing for the amount of seat time. Get a Snell rated helmet (not a motorcycle one) with a chin guard, a jack, spare brake pads, and you're ready to go.

HPDE = High Performance Driver Education, instructor-led, non-timed track events.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:04 AM
Registered Member

Wrecked R6 has disabled reputation

go to this web page http://www.nasaproracing.com/ this is a good start or a driving school. You really need new pads and some suspension thats about it.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:15 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by wreckedr6
go to this web page http://www.nasaproracing.com/ this is a good start or a driving school. You really only need new pads.

fixed.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:40 AM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii

I hear its like $500 for the school & track. Is this true?
Old 06-24-2006, 08:30 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Originally Posted by Insperation
I hear its like $500 for the school & track. Is this true?

no, only Car Guys events are that much mainly because they are a 3 day event.

NASA and Mazda Drivers are around $300-350 for the weekend. The only thing you have to pay for is hotel and food.

I recommend trying out a NASA event since their school and instruction is pretty good for beginners.

Best thing to do is figure out when you want to go and see if there is a event that month close by. www.trackschedule.com for events.

You dont need ANY mods to your car to do a event, and they prefer you run it stock, but I recommend bleeding you brakes with fresh fluid before you go and using a race pad or new front pads before you go.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:05 AM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

NASA will be at VIR the last weekend in July:

http://www.nasaracing.net/VIR_July_06/event.htm

Registration is open for HPDE 1 (Beginner) at this link:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_ev.../?event_id=374

You'll get classroom time and in-car instruction. It's the best money you'll ever spend on your car.

Hope it helps,

Jon

Quick Reply: How to get started at VIR?