Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Autox @ Langley, Aug 31 - FIRST TIMERS DRIVE FREE

Old 07-30-2008, 04:51 PM
at the track today?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast
Default Autox @ Langley, Aug 31 - FIRST TIMERS DRIVE FREE

NASA Mid-Atlantic Autocross is proud to announce a new program called "FIRST TIMER FREEBIE RUNS" starting with the August 31 event at Langley Speedway in Hampton VA.

Anyone at least 18 years of age with a valid drivers license and a car that will pass tech can literally get some runs in for 100% free before the regular competition heats. NASA membership is not required and loaner helmets are available.

Details about FIRST TIMER FREEBIE RUNS at Langley on August 31 are here:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_ev.../?event_id=757

Please note that pre-registration is required for FIRST TIMER FREEBIE RUNS and that spaces are limited. So if you know anyone who has been thinking about trying autocross, this is a perfect opportunity. Please help us spread the word!

Also for those who aren't first timers, registration is open for the normal competition heats here:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_ev.../?event_id=758

Thanks in advance,

Jon
Old 07-30-2008, 10:17 PM
ROOя

O Rly? O Rly? O Rly? O Rly? O Rly? O Rly? O Rly? O Rly? O Rly? O Rly? O Rly?
Default Re: Autox @ Langley, Aug 31 - FIRST TIMERS DRIVE FREE

Damnit, I wanna run the new car, wont be able to make it in time.!!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:00 AM
Registered Member

Ninja11 has disabled reputation

dang... im only 17
Old 07-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Registered member

tomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura about

I signed up. Thanks
Old 08-01-2008, 07:36 AM
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would like to try it out but how do you sign up? i just see the tech inspection. can anyone help me out. im a virgin
Old 08-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered member

sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr

Originally Posted by cleckner04
i would like to try it out but how do you sign up? i just see the tech inspection. can anyone help me out. im a virgin
Check-box at the bottom. You're a novice non-member, it's pretty self-explanatory I think

You'll have fun Langley speedway is easy to find; be sure get there early to hang out and chat with people so you're not rushed when registration starts. When you drive up, you'll see a table by the ticket booth, that's where to sign up. If nobody's there yet, drive over to the fenced-in area to the right and park in the grass anywhere you want. Say the magic words "I'm new here, can anyone help me out?" to anyone you see, and you'll have people jumping at the chance to give you advice and help you out Protip: the guys putting racing tires on their cars have probably done this before

While you wait, you can prep for "tech" - take out your floor-mats and anything else you have loose in your car, your glove box and your trunk, usually including your spare tire. Just make a little pile beside/behind your car, it'll be OK. Or, you can do this before you come. For tech, they'll make sure your tires are on solid, your battery is mounted firmly, your car has been cleaned out, and will look for any modifications you've made to your car (for classing/scoring purposes).

Things to bring:
1) Water!
2) Air guage & air pump (or you can borrow one) You'll need to put more air in your tires. People at the track will help you out here.
3) Make sure your battery is solidly mounted before you come, otherwise you might not be allowed to race. It can't be moving around.
4) Sunscreen
5) A good excuse on how to explain to your insurance company how you weren't racing, but managed to wreck your car into the wall at the race-track... (j/k!)

Last edited by sjfehr; 08-01-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:53 AM
Registered member

tomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sjfehr
Check-box at the bottom. You're a novice non-member, it's pretty self-explanatory I think

You'll have fun Langley speedway is easy to find; be sure get there early to hang out and chat with people so you're not rushed when registration starts. When you drive up, you'll see a table by the ticket booth, that's where to sign up. If nobody's there yet, drive over to the fenced-in area to the right and park in the grass anywhere you want. Say the magic words "I'm new here, can anyone help me out?" to anyone you see, and you'll have people jumping at the chance to give you advice and help you out Protip: the guys putting racing tires on their cars have probably done this before

While you wait, you can prep for "tech" - take out your floor-mats and anything else you have loose in your car, your glove box and your trunk, usually including your spare tire. Just make a little pile beside/behind your car, it'll be OK. Or, you can do this before you come. For tech, they'll make sure your tires are on solid, your battery is mounted firmly, your car has been cleaned out, and will look for any modifications you've made to your car (for classing/scoring purposes).

Things to bring:
1) Water!
2) Air guage & air pump (or you can borrow one) You'll need to put more air in your tires. People at the track will help you out here.
3) Make sure your battery is solidly mounted before you come, otherwise you might not be allowed to race. It can't be moving around.
4) Sunscreen
5) A good excuse on how to explain to your insurance company how you weren't racing, but managed to wreck your car into the wall at the race-track... (j/k!)
Thanks for the advice!!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

spaceMONKEY spaceMONKEY

Is this setup on the bit of infield they have, or is it along the wall, like on wacky wednesdays?

** nm. I just learned to read yesterday apparently

Last edited by spaceMONKEY; 08-04-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: can't read
Old 08-04-2008, 01:48 PM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

Oval and infield combined. Pics/vid:

http://www.get-fast.net/nasacross/langley

http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=1137755206

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1295340180
Old 08-04-2008, 01:53 PM
STi Round I

Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G.

I think I might do this but its not my first time, since I finally got tires for the Fit.

Quick Reply: Autox @ Langley, Aug 31 - FIRST TIMERS DRIVE FREE