Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Where to get machine work??

Old 05-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lewis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to get machine work??

I'm putting together a LS/vtec or CR/vtec (have both). Can anyone suggest a good machine shop? Not sure what all I need thats where the machne shop comes in.

Would prefer some local...in Virgnia.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: Where to get machine work??

abacus racing.

look on the golden eagle site for the LS/VTEC kit. one of my friends bought one, very nice setup.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:05 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

yes, get the golden eagle kit,i bought one, the only machine work that needs to be done you can do in your garage with the tap that they provide with the kit, but get the head resurfaced and all that before you pop it on, wargo automotive in great bridge only charges 30 bucks to resurface the head, and they do a great job, they did my head, swapped my pistons to my rods and bored and honed my block and everything was perfect as far as clearances and tolerances when i checked everything, talk to bernie, hes good peeps, old school, abacus is also a great shop to go to, just depends on whats closer to your house i guess....
Old 05-06-2004, 03:22 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

you get the golden eagle sandwich adapter, the oil filter fitting adapter, 2 fittings that attach to the stainless steel line, one in the head, one in the sandwich plate, 2 dowel pins that are machined for ls block/b16 head,reworked honda headgasket,the correct tap and a head plug,, and theres also one more little plug that is used on the oil filter sandwich,but ill be running an electric oil pressure guage so ill be using another stainlessline and fitting to go into the sandwich, this is a great looking kit, and it should be great, cant wait to get my valvetrain in so i can start progressing a little more towards the goal........
Attached Thumbnails Where to get machine work??-mvc-080f.jpg  
Old 05-06-2004, 04:07 AM
RR Productions

VASlim23435 has disabled reputation

hey Lewis wanna sell that CrVtec setup?
Old 05-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

Lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VASlim23435
hey Lewis wanna sell that CrVtec setup?
Not sure what I'm going to use. I have a CRV motor, LS motor, complete B16 head and ITR transmission.

I guess when I'm done I'll have a spare motor. I'm going to sell whatever is left after the rebuild.