Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

V-dub/Audi guys.....

Old 03-07-2004, 06:30 AM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default V-dub/Audi guys.....

Hey I just bought a 2000 A4 1.8t quattro and I'd like to make it move a little better but I'm new to the German car world. What are some good things to do to it and what are some no-nos. I'm not looking to build a beast but I'd like to make it a little quicker if I could. It's an automatic too keep that in mind. What are some good companies/websites to go to for it. Thanks
Old 03-08-2004, 01:05 PM

1.8T3t04e is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: V-dub/Audi guys.....

Originally Posted by Flite
Hey I just bought a 2000 A4 1.8t quattro and I'd like to make it move a little better but I'm new to the German car world. What are some good things to do to it and what are some no-nos. I'm not looking to build a beast but I'd like to make it a little quicker if I could. It's an automatic too keep that in mind. What are some good companies/websites to go to for it. Thanks
well a chip will do you alot of good and a 2.5" or 3" turbo back exhaust...
good luck with it
check revotechnik.com
or look into Goapr.com, or Giac...
Old 03-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

im with steve....i say go with a revo chip and an exhaust and you should be satisfied
Old 03-09-2004, 04:56 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Thanks, That Revo stuff looks like the jam but that website is NOT user friendly. The numbers from their softwear look great but they've got a shitload of different part numbers listed without a description of what everything is. Now if they were going buy engine and chassis code in a Honda I'd be fine but I don't have a clue about this German stuff. Are there any good online retailers or anyone local that has access to this stuff and can school me a little bit on what I have. The car is suprisingly quick for just 150 horse, I think if I could get up around 210-220 crank hp I'd be straight.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

BoOsted is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive been thinking about grabbing a 1.8T for a daily driver.

Im really wondering what the differences b/t the a4's 1.8 and the TT's 1.8 are? I ask this b/c the differences in the chip hp..
Old 03-24-2004, 07:35 AM

Whippersnapper Whippersnapper Whippersnapper Whippersnapper Whippersnapper Whippersnapper Whippersnapper

i would go w/ APR over Revo....supposedly Revo stole APR's software. there was a big law suit about this a while back, im not sure what happened w/ it all. but ive heard nothing but goodness about APR and their customer service. i know im going APR as soon as i get about 700 bucks.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Jus Chillin'

Gladimor is an unknown quantity at this point

neuspeed also has some pretty good products for the just gettin around town crowd, but as far as all out performance goes go to apr. bahn brenner is another company that i was looking at but never delt with them.

lates