Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need help from you V Dub and Radio guys!!!

Old 09-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Blow Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help from you V Dub and Radio guys!!!

Girls radio went out in her 2002 jetta. Monsoon radio or something. (stock) She took it into discount audio and they said they couldn't get it out. Bullshit i think. I found the removal tools on ebay, is there anything else required to pull it beside the tools. Any other fastners or anything. Also is there any other fuses besides the one on the radio behind it. Or other possible problems. Thankyou in advance.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

captdyt has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need help from you V Dub and Radio guys!!!

that should be it....as long as you disconnect the negative battery cable you should be fine

Originally Posted by Stillpushin
Girls radio went out in her 2002 jetta. Monsoon radio or something. (stock) She took it into discount audio and they said they couldn't get it out. Bullshit i think. I found the removal tools on ebay, is there anything else required to pull it beside the tools. Any other fastners or anything. Also is there any other fuses besides the one on the radio behind it. Or other possible problems. Thankyou in advance.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:23 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

i took my girls' car to best buy and asked one of the installers to remove it because i already bought the new radio and had the harness all ready. he did it for free, but i gave him a few bucks. you might want to check the fuses on the left side of teh dash (when you open the door)
Old 09-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

i got mine done at circuit city with no problem. Dunno what to tell ya
Old 09-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help. I ordered the removal tools and am gonna take care of it myself. I did check the fuses on the left. There is NOT a radio fuse. Hoping it's the fuse right on the radio.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:11 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic

if it is a double-din radiolike in my 03' gti... it is a bitch to get out, the tools dont work so easy, i had to rip the front of the radio off....

single -din radios are cake to get out, & you can even get the removal tools from walmart made by scosche fora bout $4.00
Old 09-28-2005, 11:15 PM
tired of walking

Vengance has disabled reputation

its probably not the fuse and its the radio. bc i had to take my radio back to the dealership twice for the same problem and they had to order me a new radio bc the old one it kept cutting off. it the end i just bought a new headunit bc i didn't want to deal with the problem anymore. plus it seems like its a common problem. also, it was a bitch for my boy to get the radio out even with the keys.

Last edited by Vengance; 09-29-2005 at 01:05 PM.