VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   V-dub/Audi guys..... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/v-dub-audi-guys-44596/)

Flite 03-07-2004 06:30 AM

V-dub/Audi guys.....

Hey I just bought a 2000 A4 1.8t quattro and I'd like to make it move a little better but I'm new to the German car world. What are some good things to do to it and what are some no-nos. I'm not looking to build a beast but I'd like to make it a little quicker if I could. It's an automatic too keep that in mind. What are some good companies/websites to go to for it. Thanks

1.8T3t04e 03-08-2004 01:05 PM

Re: V-dub/Audi guys.....

Originally Posted by Flite
Hey I just bought a 2000 A4 1.8t quattro and I'd like to make it move a little better but I'm new to the German car world. What are some good things to do to it and what are some no-nos. I'm not looking to build a beast but I'd like to make it a little quicker if I could. It's an automatic too keep that in mind. What are some good companies/websites to go to for it. Thanks

well a chip will do you alot of good and a 2.5" or 3" turbo back exhaust...
good luck with it
check revotechnik.com
or look into Goapr.com, or Giac...

D.Nick 03-08-2004 02:29 PM

im with steve....i say go with a revo chip and an exhaust and you should be satisfied

Flite 03-09-2004 04:56 AM

Thanks, That Revo stuff looks like the jam but that website is NOT user friendly. The numbers from their softwear look great but they've got a shitload of different part numbers listed without a description of what everything is. Now if they were going buy engine and chassis code in a Honda I'd be fine but I don't have a clue about this German stuff. Are there any good online retailers or anyone local that has access to this stuff and can school me a little bit on what I have. The car is suprisingly quick for just 150 horse, I think if I could get up around 210-220 crank hp I'd be straight.

BoOsted 03-09-2004 01:03 PM

Ive been thinking about grabbing a 1.8T for a daily driver.

Im really wondering what the differences b/t the a4's 1.8 and the TT's 1.8 are? I ask this b/c the differences in the chip hp..

Whippersnapper 03-24-2004 07:35 AM

i would go w/ APR over Revo....supposedly Revo stole APR's software. there was a big law suit about this a while back, im not sure what happened w/ it all. but ive heard nothing but goodness about APR and their customer service. i know im going APR as soon as i get about 700 bucks.

Gladimor 03-24-2004 02:10 PM

neuspeed also has some pretty good products for the just gettin around town crowd, but as far as all out performance goes go to apr. bahn brenner is another company that i was looking at but never delt with them.

lates