Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

toyota ae102 question /suspension

Old 02-04-2004, 07:52 PM
1point8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94XRolla has disabled reputation
Default toyota ae102 question /suspension

just upgraded to dropzone coilovers.... when i accelerate now it seem to have worse of a launch then with the stock suspension? should i play with the height of the back ones, like lift them, to change the height ratio? i know it works on RWD to have the rear sit up a fraction of a bit heigher than the front for launches.... but what about with coilovers on a fwd? the car is a 94 corolla by the way.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:42 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek
Default Re: toyota ae102 question /suspension

you sure you have the proper spring rate? what is the condition of your shocks/struts? you could have an oversprung-underdamped condition. meaning: too much spring, not enough damping----> shocks and struts cannot keep-up with the springs. then again, you might just have the wrong spring rate.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:34 AM
1point8

yeh the spring rate probably isnt right at all.... it looked a little funny pullin the coilovers out of the box, even though they were labeled front/rear they are the exact same size, shape, weight, etc....
Old 02-05-2004, 08:41 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

yea dropzone doesn't make the best quality coilovers...
Old 02-05-2004, 09:34 AM
1point8

Originally Posted by Carter
yea dropzone doesn't make the best quality coilovers...
thats what i heard to... but with the stock height of the corolla being so high, i cant find a good quality spring that will bring it down low enough to make it look decent... like the fender gap... right now with the coilovers all the way down, i have 1.3 inches clearance on the front and -.4 on the back... i want to lift the back up to be even with the front, but it just seems like it hasnt been worth lowering it.... i started thinkin i need to not think about the look, but go with some KYB gr-2's and maybe progress technologies springs that give it a 2.0 drop all the way around... to increase the handling and ride a bit, and still dropping it a modest amount. the eibach pro's are just to expensive for me right now.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Registered Member

audiophile24 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 94XRolla
thats what i heard to... but with the stock height of the corolla being so high, i cant find a good quality spring that will bring it down low enough to make it look decent... like the fender gap... right now with the coilovers all the way down, i have 1.3 inches clearance on the front and -.4 on the back... i want to lift the back up to be even with the front, but it just seems like it hasnt been worth lowering it.... i started thinkin i need to not think about the look, but go with some KYB gr-2's and maybe progress technologies springs that give it a 2.0 drop all the way around... to increase the handling and ride a bit, and still dropping it a modest amount. the eibach pro's are just to expensive for me right now.
i own a 94 toyota celica gt and i also have drop zone coilovers they only place i could find that makes coilovers for my car it being kinda rare and all. i am having the same issues well maybe a little different i get a real bad wheel hop on my launching bad struts bad springs or just crap products?
Old 02-25-2004, 01:34 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

kinda rare??? how do you figure? stock struts?
Old 02-26-2004, 04:23 PM
lookoutdrift ae86

lookoutdriftmike is an unknown quantity at this point

ground control makes coilovers for both the celica and corolla. They make the best non-full race ie: sleeve type coilovers you can get. They are also available in any spring rate you would like. They use eibach 2.5" coils, single rate. I myself plan on getting a set for my 86. Ground Control application guide

those prices could probably be had cheaper if you shop around.