Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

throw out bearing

Old 07-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
delsol_rider has disabled reputation
Arrow throw out bearing

i got a 94 delsol and oday when i got in it i went ot move it and it went. then all of a sudden the car stops when its in gear and clutch up. i asked my friend it could be he said to check the linkage. linkage is fine. he said then it must be the clutch or the throw out bearing. so tommorrow i planon replacing the bearing. i wanted to know what exactly i had to do to make sure i do everything right. if there is something else that i might be pm me. thanks
Old 07-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: throw out bearing

Might be something hydraulic, that's what actually actuates the clutch. The throwout bearing is just along for the ride.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

delsol_rider has disabled reputation

i dont think that it is anything hydralic but i will check thanks. you said that the bearing is only along for the ride. whats exactly does it do then why is it there
Old 07-11-2004, 07:22 PM
It's Duck Season

JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub

Originally Posted by delsol_rider
i got a 94 delsol and oday when i got in it i went ot move it and it went. then all of a sudden the car stops when its in gear and clutch up.
Judging the fact that you can't type, or speak proper english, I would suggest not taking apart your transmission by yourself.

Plus it would suck to replace the throwout bearing after a few hours of labor only to have a wrong diagnosis in the first place.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:28 PM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

i say, if you already have the trany off then just go ahead and replace the clutch assembly and resurface the flywheel.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:30 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Did your car make a funny high pitched noise before dying? TOB's usually make noises for a long time before they go out
Old 07-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

check the slave first and make sure it's not bad and leaking fluid. if that is good check the hydro lines to make sure they arent leaking and losing pressure somewhere. if that is not the case then i would pull the tranny off.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The bearing is along for the ride, it just pushes on stuff. It would have to physically come apart to make clutch actuate on it's own, unless it's totally siezed/not sliding and stuck in the wrong position. That's usually a gradual failure part. I can't really see that happening, you said the car was in gear and the clutch was engaged (is that what "up" means?)?