Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

throw-out bearing

Old 08-28-2004, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xk84f9ds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default throw-out bearing

ok i was driving and i noticed a sound comming from my tranny....someone told me that it was a throw-out bearing... heres the situation...im at a stop light and then i go and when i get to about 3500rpm i hear a noise thats not supposed to be comming from the tranny i cant really explain it but its bad im sure...but if its the throwout bearing how much will it cost to get replaced...? and should i jsut replace my clutch/flywheel too?? thankx for the help....approx how much will it cost to get fixed???
Old 08-28-2004, 06:56 PM
FredVegas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: throw-out bearing

the only time your throwout bearing would make noise is when the depressed. If the clutch is not depressed and your hearing a noise from the tranny more than likely there is a problem inside the transmission. More than likely if you have a civic with a single cam in it, its probably a bad main bearing.