Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Running into problems while installing my Skunk2 front camber kit on 95 civic

Old 07-12-2004, 07:12 AM
Eat me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Running into problems while installing my Skunk2 front camber kit on 95 civic

alright, well i don't know the correct termonolgy for most of this stuff, but i'm gonna try to just bare with me now

for those that don't know, the camber kit i have replaces the upper control arm.

at the top of the steering knuckle where the upper control arm connects to it, there's a castle nut. when i turn the castle nut to remove it, the screw thing that it's on turns with it. i don't think i have anything that will keep the bolt in place while i turn the nut. maybe i'm not removing it correctly?

i've ran out of ideas on how to get it off, and until i get it off, i'm basically stuck with nothing to work with.

please respond to this asap if you know how to do it

thanks alot
-jimmy
Old 07-12-2004, 07:17 AM
bye
dirt the flirt.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye
Default Re: Running into problems while installing my Skunk2 front camber kit on 95 civic

i dunno if its the same thing cuz ive never done it but i had the same problem when taking coilovers off shocks, the top nut holding everything on would cause the whole shock to twist with it, i used vice grip and clamped the shock and wedged it in something so that it couldnt move...

so in other words, maybe you could use a vice grip somehow
Old 07-12-2004, 07:22 AM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Re: Running into problems while installing my Skunk2 front camber kit on 95 civic

Originally Posted by brandon
i dunno if its the same thing cuz ive never done it but i had the same problem when taking coilovers off shocks, the top nut holding everything on would cause the whole shock to twist with it, i used vice grip and clamped the shock and wedged it in something so that it couldnt move...

so in other words, maybe you could use a vice grip somehow
haha, i know what you're talking about. it's different than what i'm doing though. you know all you have to use is an alan(sp?) wrench to hold the thing in place when trying to disassemble your spring/shocks? hahaha, i did the same thing when i was trying to install my coilovers, then i relized there was a hexagon shape inside the bolt. it made it go by alot faster

anyways, back on topic, any one know what to do to get the fucker off?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:28 AM
Eat me.

come on, someone's gotta know how to get the fucker off
Old 07-12-2004, 07:32 AM
Eat me.

hmm.. i just got a little bit of info on honda-tech so i'll see how that works out :-\
Old 07-12-2004, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

crxinout is an unknown quantity at this point

you need to put pressure on it, the best way is to get it loose while the tire on it and the cars not jacked up but it hard to get to it. Another way is to use a crowbar and put pressure on the joint.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:36 AM
Eat me.

i have a ball joint separator, i pressed it in there.. and no luck

what i was told on H-T is that i could just cut the ball joint and get to the head of the bolt since my camber kit will be replacing the ball joint. i think i'm just gonna do that right now :-/ or is that a bad idea?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

i hope you have somthing to cut that with good luck.....try sprayin wd-40 first
Old 07-12-2004, 07:41 AM
Registered Member

if the cars on the ground and you turn the wheel all the way to one side you can get it off it works
Old 07-12-2004, 08:17 AM
Eat me.

ahh i screwed up saying that.. i meant the dust boot around the ball joint that's rubber. sorry for the confusion. i just used a knife and got it off. it was soo gewwy with grease when i cut it open.

thanks for the help

now i ran into another problem though. the 2 pivot bolts that are on my control arm are on so tight i can't get them off because i don't have airtools and i'm doing this by myself. i couldn't even get the fuckers to budge at all. i think i'll just go to tuners edge real quick and hopefully get them to take it off for me.

well that's all for now. thanks again

Quick Reply: Running into problems while installing my Skunk2 front camber kit on 95 civic