Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

swapping obd2 98 ls b18b into ob1 95 ex with d16z6

Old 08-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
musicresolution has disabled reputation
Default swapping obd2 98 ls b18b into ob1 95 ex with d16z6

hey guys,
i have a 95 civic ex that got flooded to the top of the steering wheel about a year ago. the ecu, alternator, starter an a whole bunch of other shit were all seized up. i gave up on trying to figure out how to get it up an rolling. so i figured its time to go dohc.

i just purchased a 98 integra ls with body damage. (car still in running condition)

i need help figuring out what i need (and only what i need) from the integra to make this swap work out.

do i need a obd2 to obd1 jumper harness?
do i need the integra engine harness?
do i need to find a obd1 ecu?
etc. etc.

ive been googling for hours and cant find any specifics on obd2 ls in a obd1 vehicle wired with vtec. all suggestions are appriciated.

btw will the whole brake setup from the integra swap on my civic? (because mine got rusted)
Old 08-27-2009, 10:34 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)
Default Re: swapping obd2 98 ls b18b into ob1 95 ex with d16z6

ok, I may be somewhat wrong on this but I will try to help.
convert your obd2 dizzy to obd1, either get an obd1 alternator or cut the plug off the integra harness and put on your civic harness. the rest should be plug and play. take the mounts and shift linkage off the integra and put in civic, and I think thats all if I can remember correctly...
Old 08-27-2009, 10:35 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

get an obd1 ecu also for an ls
Old 08-28-2009, 05:12 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

As stated above: Uses all of the mounts off of the integra (most of the civic mounts will work, but you are pulling it out anyway) You will need the complete shift linkage from the integra. You can use the integra engine harness, but I would just use the civic harness and move the wires to make them fit. With the alt. I would look for an OBD1 alt. to keep from cutting the wires. The Distributor you can either get a jumper hapness to keep from cutting or rebuild it with OBD1 guts.

Now are you planning on keeping or putting A/C in the civic? if so then you will need to find or buy the A/C bracked off of a DOHC del Sol. For the ECU just find another working OBD1 and get it chipped with Crome and have it tuned.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:59 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

I would try to transfer everything, including interior. Do you really wanna keep any of that flooded and possibly mildewed stuff?

90% will transfer over.