Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Subaru transmission removal

Old 07-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rustydailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subaru transmission removal

I have a 05 Subaru impreza I'm trying to replace the clutch in. But I can't get the transmission out. I have removed 8 bellhousing bolts, the trans mount and can't get it out. I have shook, wiggled, and pried but still can't get it out. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it out? Please give me any help that you can.

Rusty
Old 07-30-2009, 04:15 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of
Default Re: Subaru transmission removal

1) check nasioc
2) call andrewtech
Old 07-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You've take care of the front shafts and drive shaft, right? I can't remember if there is anything that needs to be removed up by the shifter...
Old 07-30-2009, 04:19 PM

EGAS has disabled reputation

From the View Hole on the Transmission you have to release the throw out bearing.

You will have to ingage the transmission by pushing in the fork. Then with a big flathead you will put it between the throwout bearing and preasure plate. Make sure you not prying the throwout bearing against itself. You have to be within the space said.

You then while holding the fork in turn the screwdriver 90 degrees disengaging the throwout bearing loose.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

Yea I got the pin out, the half shafts are out. It should come out from what I see. I used this as a guide, I got to step 27.

http://techinfo.subaru.com/downloads...UTCH_COVER.pdf

Last edited by rustydailey; 07-31-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Fix that link, I can't learn anything from broken links..
Old 07-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

Fixed link
Old 07-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Built, HTA, V9

japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts

Bell housing bolts, huge clutch pin, drive shaft, shifter rods.... I actually had to remove the clutch cylinder that sits just below the rear tranny brace/motor mount to get mine out. It kept hitting the fire wall. Fell out after that. Just go back over it as there are random bolts here and there that attach to the tranny like DP braces and shit like that. Not particularly a difficult job... sucks doing it tho. I've been there a time or...three. I can pull a Subbie motor like no one's business.