Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Stuck throttle

Old 11-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lavish has disabled reputation
Default Stuck throttle

Whenever i rev my integra the idle gets stuck and slowly goes down and whenever i put my foot and pull the gas pedal up the idle gets unstuck and drops back to normal. same goes for the throttle pulley, whenever i rev the car from the throttle pulley it gets stuck then when i pull the throttle pulley down it idles normal again.
So i'm guessing its the throttle pulley, i just want to buy a throttle body all together but i would like to know which throttle body which bestly work for an integra rs 1994
Old 11-05-2010, 08:09 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: Stuck throttle

clean the throttle body out, it more than likely has a lot of junk in it, and if its a stock Rs integra then dont waste your money......and if you do buy a Type R because it is more than enough
Old 11-05-2010, 08:19 PM
make 7 UP yours

dXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond repute

STOCK TB SIZES AT THE PLATE SIDE.

b16a 58mm
b18c1 60 mm
b18c5 62 mm

You can only overbore up to +4 mm on these stock sizes because of the stop screw on the TB which limits how far they can machine bore outwards. Remember to portmatch the IM plenum port to the same size or 0.5 mm bigger to create an anti-reversion step. Never bore the TB larger than the IM plenum port or you will kill flow volume and volume speed together into the IM plenum. Pick a vendor you like and get one, you should not need to increase over stock size unless you have upgraded your intake manifold or plan to, in that case I would recommend doing it at the same size. Your spring in your TB may just be worn out and need replaced or the shaft is gummed up. I would recommend cleaning it out before you spring for a new one, they are pretty simple and easy to rebuild, save yourself some cash.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Originally Posted by Lavish
Whenever i rev my integra the idle gets stuck and slowly goes down and whenever i put my foot and pull the gas pedal up the idle gets unstuck and drops back to normal. same goes for the throttle pulley, whenever i rev the car from the throttle pulley it gets stuck then when i pull the throttle pulley down it idles normal again.
So i'm guessing its the throttle pulley, i just want to buy a throttle body all together but i would like to know which throttle body which bestly work for an integra rs 1994
My thought was the throttle return spring as well. OP, let the car run idle, pop the hood, find the throttle cable, and pull/push it (cant remember the direction right now) to rev it up. Youll be easily able to tell if you have a problem there.

And, not to be TOO MUCH of an ass.... but Honda-tech has this as a searchable link from Google....

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=373713
Old 11-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You probably need a new throttle cable, or you have too much preload on the throttle cable housing.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

Whats the stock sizes for a B18B1
Old 11-06-2010, 08:39 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=b18b1+throttle+body+size
Old 11-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
clean the throttle body out, it more than likely has a lot of junk in it, and if its a stock Rs integra then dont waste your money......and if you do buy a Type R because it is more than enough
I have cleaned that, the fitv,IACV,intake manifold, i think its just the tb.
I definitely will not be buying a damn type r, i'm in high school for one and i just want my integra to fully functional so i can drive to school and work.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You probably need a new throttle cable, or you have too much preload on the throttle cable housing.
I already checked that , the cable looks good, and i already looked to see if anything was keeping it from being pulled.