Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Struts gone bad

Old 04-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts
Default Struts gone bad

i have a 93teg and i think my struts are goin bad how do i know if they are.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

"SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam
Default Re: Struts gone bad

for one usually your car will get bouncy when it hits a bump
Old 04-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

you have a boingy ride, they make noise, they sound like, you also bottom out a lot and bounce back. push down on the car, if it shoots back up you have bad seal, they are causing it to come up sssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooowwwwwwww wwwww, like they should. and it is a 93 that is almost a sign they are blown in its own.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Registered Member

slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts

feels like when i hit a bump it just hits so hard is that like a sign
Old 04-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

yeah that is a sign that your struts are fucked and you keep hitting your bump stops, you need to replace them before they shoot through your hood and/or trunk
Old 04-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

k thanks man do u know where i can get some ok struts
Old 04-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

bap geon has kybs pretty cheap.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

95siguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by slowrex
i think my struts are goin bad how do i know if they are.
Push down on the front fender and see what happens. The car should bounce/oscillate 2-3 times slowing down and moving a shorter distance each time. If the car keeps bouncing more than 5 or 6 times (or doesn't stop at all) then your shocks are probably bad.
Remove one shock (or all the ones that seem bad), take it apart from the spring and compress it by hand. If there's no resistance and it doesn't re-extend itself, then you know it's bad.
Try that before you go buying replacements.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by ZC4ME
yeah that is a sign that your struts are fucked and you keep hitting your bump stops, you need to replace them before they shoot through your hood and/or trunk
That is the stupidest shit I have ever fucking heard. I have replaced struts on a countless number of cars that had probably had the blown struts on them for years and have never seen that bullshit. Your ride just turns to shit and you will get premature wear on the tires. Make sure to use a spring compressor when removing the strut/strut cap from the spring assembly...I don't want to hear about someone putting a strut through their head or breaking a foot with a spring lol.