Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Steering Noise

Old 06-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7
Default Steering Noise

Ive been dropped for ab a year now and have noticed a problem maybe yall could help me figure out. When i drive above 70 holding the throttle at a constant speed i start to hear a clicking noise that goes away when the throttle is pushed harder or is let off of. Now after ab 20 min of me driving with music up ignoring the sound its time for me to get off at my exit. When i slow down to street speeds and turn my steering wheel either which way it makes a kinda loud squeaking noise like something rotating in rubber. It kinda sounds like its comming from the steering column under the dash. The car sat for ab 2 hours and when i started it back up the problem was gone. Any ideas what it could be? Oh ya i also check my boots to see if they were riped and they are fine and didnt see any signs of any grease anywhere. Thanks
Old 06-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

theslimoutkast5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Steering Noise

i dont know what kind of car it is but i know on my moms seabring she had a noise coming from the steering.....if it is when you apply the brakes and turn lube up the bakes and see if the strut bushings are fu*ked up.....not sure if that will help but thats what the dealership said..
Old 06-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

that squeek noise is old/worn out bushings..same thing happend on my old VW fox...it sounded like i was dragging little kids under the car when i turned corners. You should be able to order replacements or performance ones from a shop. good luck
Old 06-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

theslimoutkast5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gear
it sounded like i was dragging little kids under the car when i turned corners.
hahahahaha
Old 06-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7

aight thanks for the input ill check it out the next day im off