Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Starion questions-DSM guys need a lil help....

Old 12-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Starion questions-DSM guys need a lil help....

I bought a Starion today for 100$'s from the MAG auction on Millitary Hwy......Anyways it runs fine doesnt smoke (its not a looker) but has brand new tires and the wheels are in perfect condition......The turbo will build up to (so far) 8Psi. , So far so good but when you get on it, it falls on its face at 4k RPM's It was out of gas granted when we took it riding, but i was wondering if there are any tell tale sighns of the rings being blown.......
I heard this was a problem with over-boosting the Starion/Conquest TSI but dont know how to tell.......The turbo looks clean as a wistle and I figured if it builds 8PSI up to 4KRpm's it wasnt the turbo......

The only thing I can think of is that its either in need of a majoe tune up or there is something more serious wrong with it.....It seems to have been a little old ladys car and it was donated to the purple heart association by the original owner and sold at the auction for profit......

We also noticed the charge pipe had been blown off so we put it back on and tightened the ISH out of it, but any diagnosis would help......I dont want this for a nice car for racing or anything just wanted to buy something I didnt mind drifting into a wall.....

Unless the car is worthy of a build for street/race use.......

Please help....

Thanks

-Jeff

Edit: Its an "88" and I'd like to know the displacement and engine code if anyone knows.....

Last edited by RatedV; 12-20-2003 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-20-2003, 04:00 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

talk to Jon "neo xian wu" hes the man
Old 12-20-2003, 07:11 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

if the rings are shot it will smoke like crazy. the stock turbos on those are small as hell and chances are it just falls on it's face at that high of an RPM from the turbo not being able to flow enough....
Old 12-20-2003, 07:16 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

Originally posted by sk8rmike
if the rings are shot it will smoke like crazy. the stock turbos on those are small as hell and chances are it just falls on it's face at that high of an RPM from the turbo not being able to flow enough....
Allready got at25 but i doubt the turbo is too small to perform to its natural factory settings which is 6K RPM's but as for the rings, the car doesnt smoke at all......

Thanks for the advice though......

PS. I allready got a T25 for it sitting on my SR20 which is getting upgraded to a T28 for now......

-Jeff
Old 12-20-2003, 07:21 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally posted by RatedV
Allready got at25 but i doubt the turbo is too small to perform to its natural factory settings which is 6K RPM's but as for the rings, the car doesnt smoke at all......

Thanks for the advice though......

PS. I allready got a T25 for it sitting on my SR20 which is getting upgraded to a T28 for now......

-Jeff
yeah, i really doubt mitsu would put a turbo on a motor too small to perform efficiently to redline. ask any 2g owner about their t25's and im sure they'll say the same.
Old 12-20-2003, 07:30 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

Originally posted by sk8rmike
yeah, i really doubt mitsu would put a turbo on a motor too small to perform efficiently to redline. ask any 2g owner about their t25's and im sure they'll say the same.
Well if they did, thats just fuckin stoopid, but i'll remedy it with the T25 or a T3/T4.......

Sorry I didnt mean to imply that you were full of shit just figured since Nissan put a Small ass T25 on the SR and it worked that the turbo for the 2.6T would be large enough to push and hold full boost to at least 5500 and drop a few from there as most turbo cars do.....(Stock turbo cars that is)

Sorry man......

-Jeff
Old 12-21-2003, 08:27 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

Think we found the problem.....

Leaky secondary injectors......They are fine at 2000Rpm's but actually spray fuel out of the orings at like 4000 which is where the secondary's kick in from what someone on tristarion said....

Thanx though.....

-Jeff
Old 12-21-2003, 08:57 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

the engine is 2.6L SOHC

ryan (boosted87quest) on here has a nice one
Old 12-24-2003, 05:18 AM
Banned

Colt63t is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same problems it was the Injectors.