Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

A few questions for you guys.

Old 03-02-2006, 02:22 PM
boom tick boom tick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum
Lightbulb A few questions for you guys.

Hey I've been looking to get a bike for quite a few years now and I was wondering what are some prices i should be looking for on a used or new honda cbr f4i? And also what are some things I should look for and what questions should I ask when getting a bike either new or used? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It will be my first bike, and also I'm not exactly set on this bike but I've heard tons of great things about them and how they are realiable. Oh yeah I almost forgot, im 5'8 140lbs in case that matters on flat footing the bike or whatever.
again thanks for the help!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

wwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud of
Default Re: A few questions for you guys.

kinda like a car there are lots of factors. year, mileage, has it been dropped, if so what kind of damage happened, how was it repaired, garage kept? some things to think about. You might want to take someone who has a bike and knows a little bit about them. But depending upon condition and what not, you could pay anywhere from 3500 to 6000
Old 03-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

any bike made in the last 10 years(or more) is going to be reliable. If it wasn't maintained or beat on it will last you years and years. Mileage is kinda hit or miss because some people baby their bikes and put a ton of miles on them while others never change the oil or do any maintenance and put 2k miles per year on them. I'd look for a good starter bike before you move up. Buy an old 600 or 500 and ride that for a few months or a season and then sell it for what you bought it for and then get your dream bike......that way you learn and drop an old bike that you didn't pay much for rather than a newer bike which cost you a bit. Take the bike to a shop and have them look it over for $50. There's a ton of little things to look for and check for which you may miss or not know about. Google it and there's a couple of pages with lists of things to look for. Whatever you do don't bother with a bike that has a sketchy title situation as this area is in the top 10 for the nation when it comes to bike thefts so if its a bill of sale thing or the person can't get you a real title when you buy it then just walk
Old 03-02-2006, 04:40 PM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

Originally Posted by xshanex
any bike made in the last 10 years(or more) is going to be reliable. If it wasn't maintained or beat on it will last you years and years. Mileage is kinda hit or miss because some people baby their bikes and put a ton of miles on them while others never change the oil or do any maintenance and put 2k miles per year on them. I'd look for a good starter bike before you move up. Buy an old 600 or 500 and ride that for a few months or a season and then sell it for what you bought it for and then get your dream bike......that way you learn and drop an old bike that you didn't pay much for rather than a newer bike which cost you a bit. Take the bike to a shop and have them look it over for $50. There's a ton of little things to look for and check for which you may miss or not know about. Google it and there's a couple of pages with lists of things to look for. Whatever you do don't bother with a bike that has a sketchy title situation as this area is in the top 10 for the nation when it comes to bike thefts so if its a bill of sale thing or the person can't get you a real title when you buy it then just walk
perfect advice, and if your not entirely sure, u can always check on carfax to see if the title is salvage or has been rebuilt, or to see if its stolen or watever, but just beware that a LOT of people don't file claims for downed bikes. But ya, im about the exact same height/weight so you'll have no problem with your feet on the ground on any bike really, ESPECIALLY with the older bikes.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:47 PM
boom tick boom tick

sweet, thanks for the help guys.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:30 AM
Registered Member

suadi's gto has disabled reputation

you can get more info on dcsportbikes.com or dcsportbikes.net
Old 03-03-2006, 05:25 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

if your getting an 01/02 F4i make sure they've had the cam chain tensioner replaced... i'm not sure if it was officially a recall, but if it wasn't it should have been they all fail from pretty much new
Old 03-03-2006, 03:50 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

no "officicial" recall.... but like was said... they do fail. we usually replace them with manual tensioners. just listen for a rattle from the right side of the motor.... especially on start-up.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:34 PM
boom tick boom tick

awesome, im looking into everything and learning as much as possible...
Old 03-10-2006, 07:20 AM
zukake

F2Tzoomzoom has disabled reputation

and so it begins larry. between you me and jason..... we're gonna die

Quick Reply: A few questions for you guys.