Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Smoking Single Vtec

Old 01-04-2007, 06:38 AM
misunderestimated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yamamaha has disabled reputation
Default Re: Smoking Single Vtec

Originally Posted by norfolksfinest
White is often coolant, you may have a leaky headgasket. If that's not it, it may be oil smoke and you may have damaged valve stem seals.

coolant is often a darker color either a gunmetal/black mixed with green and you could smell it too. white smoke is oil which usually doesnt have a strong scent, you may have to put new piston rings in or as he said valve stem seals
white is oil? I thought blue smoke was oil, white is coolant, and black is fuel...

and btw, arent there certain ways to distinguish wether its a certain part of the motor when the smoke occurs? For example, typically, when the car steadily burns oil and even more during load, its the piston rings...

as to when the car only kicks out some blue smoke during the startup then more than likely its the valve seals?

Last edited by Yamamaha; 01-04-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

bLu92bUbbLe has disabled reputation

ok...thanks....i changed sum stem seals and the gasket....ill c 2morrow wat happens...
Old 01-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Originally Posted by norfolksfinest
White is often coolant, you may have a leaky headgasket. If that's not it, it may be oil smoke and you may have damaged valve stem seals.

coolant is often a darker color either a gunmetal/black mixed with green and you could smell it too. white smoke is oil which usually doesnt have a strong scent, you may have to put new piston rings in or as he said valve stem seals
Ummm, thats wrong.

White is coolant, normally due to faulty headgasket or the head not properly seating on the block.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

Ok. . . I Changed The Headgasket. . . Replaced All The Exhaust Valve Seals And Valves. . . The Intake Seals Look Okay. . And I Put A New Pcv Valve On. . . She Still Smokes. . It Smokes Very Littlle 2 None When Idling. . Wen I Take Off It Barely Smokes But When I Hit It. . Thats Wen U See The Smoke. . .i Dnt No Wat Else 2 Do. . . Theres No Oil On The Plugs Or N Da Cylinder. .
Old 01-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

Bump. . Help Me Out