Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

fuel system cleaner....now car idles high

Old 09-11-2006, 07:08 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Angry fuel system cleaner....now car idles high

Just like the title says I recently got the fuel system cleaned out on my 240SX and now my car idles weird.

Before the cleanout my car was blowing blue smoke on startup and under heavy acceleration. Now there's no trace of blue smoke.

My car idled at 1100rpms and now it jumps between 2100 and 2600rpm as if I keep stepping on the gas but I'm not.

The shop removed my air intake, sprayed some cleaning solution in the intake manifold and wiped it out. Then they hooked up a bottle of some other cleaner into my vacuum hose and stood on the gas for about 7minutes and added some STP fuel stuff to my gas. While they were doing that all this blue smoke came pouring out my exhaust and eventually turned clear so they said it was "cleaned out" but now my car idles odd like I mentioned before and they said to take it on the highway and do some "spirited driving" (95mph) to clear out the rest of the stuff that was in there and said my car would stop idling wierd.

It's now 2days later and the idle is still the same. What's going on with my car?

I dont know any better because I'm not a mechanic of any kind. Did they screw up something with my car or is this "normal"

Last edited by CarShowz; 09-12-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Registered member

hondajunky1982 hondajunky1982 hondajunky1982 hondajunky1982 hondajunky1982 hondajunky1982 hondajunky1982 hondajunky1982 hondajunky1982 hondajunky1982 hondajunky1982
Default Re: fuel system cleaner....now car idles high

a few years back i worked at hall nissan and we did thiat kinda of "fuel system clean" a couple of times the the chemicals were so volitale it would eat away gasket i would check for leaks any where you know fuel flows through , thats a starting point, pm me after you check it out
Old 09-11-2006, 07:15 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

sounds like a vacuum leak to me
Old 09-11-2006, 07:20 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Go back to the people who did it. It did it when you left, they said it'd be fine, its still doing it.

Don't pay for it either. It was idling fine when you took it to them. They did something.(or see first response)
Old 09-11-2006, 07:36 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts

1. PM'd
2. a vacuum leak would not be good. my brakes seem a lil softer as well
3. hellz naw Im not paying for shit

they disconnected the hose i circled and put the "cleaner" in there

Last edited by CarShowz; 09-11-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:09 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

fuel system service from jiffy lube/xpress lube type of place? It usually took about 15-20 minutes to do it at my old shop. I would say vacuum leak but they didnt touch anything but that hose. Take it back to them, let them deal with it.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:15 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

Originally Posted by Spindrift187
fuel system service from jiffy lube/xpress lube type of place? It usually took about 15-20 minutes to do it at my old shop. I would say vacuum leak but they didnt touch anything but that hose. Take it back to them, let them deal with it.
yea, that hose and my air intake was disconnected to spray some other cleaning stuff into my throttle body......that was wiped out afterward with a rag and then they hooked up some other cleaning stuff to that hose in my picture
Old 09-11-2006, 09:02 PM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

sounds like they used sea foam
Old 09-11-2006, 09:36 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by CarShowz
yea, that hose and my air intake was disconnected to spray some other cleaning stuff into my throttle body......that was wiped out afterward with a rag and then they hooked up some other cleaning stuff to that hose in my picture
o ok, then check for leaks. bring it over if you need some help.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:21 AM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband

Looks like your brake booster/brake master cylinder. Why would they touch that?

Quick Reply: fuel system cleaner....now car idles high