Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Sirius radio

Old 06-20-2008, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
discodave discodave
Default Sirius radio

Ok not completely car related but somewhat. Anyone out there have sirius radio? Was thinking of getting it for my car since fmtuner went bad. Want to know how it is and how quality is, heard its not cd quality but just as good as fm. True? appreciate any feedback, thanks.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Registered member

lsegcoupe has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sirius radio

my cousin won a full sirius kit for home an his car, plus 6 months of free use. it sucked. it wouldnt get a signal anywhere. it needed two bars to activate it, but he was stuck with one. i dont even think he even ever got it to work.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough

well you get good reception in this area. maybe your cousin installed it wrong, or knicked the antenna cable.

Anyways, YES, please get Sirius instead of XM. You'll love it so much more.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:02 PM
3VOLVED

PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF

sirius and xm are tryin to merge.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:19 AM
SHAKE AND BAKE

_Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_

I have sirius and I enjoy it.

The audio quality isn't CD but its clear. I like that I have a ton of options instead of the shitty censored FM radio we have here, and probably every other state. They are all owned by Clearchannel etc which has the same gay stations wherever you go. Not to mention horrible horrible radio personalities aka Z104 etc. Go to Bestbuy or circuitcity, they should have it hooked up so you can listen and decide for yourself. You can also go to the website and get like 3 day free online trial to listen to it there and see if you like the choice of stations. The clincher for me though is little to no commercials on the stations I listen to, or its commercials related to the station like having guests come and play their favorite music. I fucking hate commercials.

Pros: Station for just about every type of music, most no commercials.
Good for road trips, you won't have to worry about finding a station you like in every state you pass through.
Uncensored stations.
Can listen to it online while at work or home.

Cons:
Problem with sat is you will lose signal near tall buildings/ trees. As long as you have no major obstructions around signal shouldn't get lost. When it does, as soon as you pass the obstruction your radio should sync back up quickly, mine does after 2-3 seconds. You will have to pay $12.95 a month, which I think they bill 3 months at once(unless you do more months at a time, or buy a lifetime subscription). Activation fee is like another ~15 one time per radio, which I got waived, it's easy, just ask. Portable system in your windshield might make your car more prone to getting broken into. That's why I like my integrated unit

Last edited by _Sin_; 06-21-2008 at 03:23 AM.