Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

s14 ka issue...

Old 03-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Previously Odyssey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime
Default s14 ka issue...

So Wednesday and Thursday, I took out my engine/tranny of my 95 240 (ka24de). I was putting new rtv on the oil pan as I was pouring oil from it (a quart a day), new clutch master cylinder, clutch loop (dampener thing) delete, general cleanup of the gunked up engine + engine bay, and ac removal.

So I get everything out fine.... Put new rtv on it. get everything back in great. I connect all the connectors on the harnesses. Bleed the clutch, add gear oil for the tranny, changed the oil filter new oil, and added coolant to the radiator and burped it.

Once I double checked everything, I go take a test drive. I accelerated pretty hard in first gear and thats when I found an issue

The car; when accelerating, will hit about 4,000 rpm and stop accelerating....Even revving at a stop does the same thing. When I am driving though, when it starts to bog and I let off the throttle suddenly, the car has a slight burp of acceleration.

Now I thought about it being the MAF and someone else mentioned it. However, I find it hard to believe that I have been driving it for 8 months and the day I take out my engine and put it back in the Maf goes bad.

I am thinking it might be a ground or something minuscule that I am simply overlooking

Sorry for the somewhat long read, but I am so confused...I got it in and out including
removing...exhaust / driveshaft / gear oil / oi / coolant / engine / AC /
*Installing new Clutch master cylinder / clutch loop delete / cleanup gunk / and putting it all back together over about 16 hours and now I can't really drive it.

Does anyone have any insight on what could the issue could be and what I need to do to rectify it?

Last edited by Odysseus Prime; 03-07-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:45 PM
hungry

Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben
Default Re: s14 ka issue...

check your grounds, but it sounds like a MAF to me
Old 03-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

Originally Posted by -RJ-
check your grounds, but it sounds like a MAF to me
MMkay. Thanks....I'll have to check in the morning again, but I think all my grounds are good.

And If it is my MAF, it is just crazy that it happens to go bad when doing this little project.

Anyone else????
Old 03-07-2008, 10:18 PM
hungry

Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben

if u have a buddy with a s14 maf, try his
Old 03-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Previously Odyssey

Originally Posted by -RJ-
if u have a buddy with a s14 maf, try his
Doing that today actually. All the grounds are fine. I am just waiting on my buddy to get his ass over here to check.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered Member

slo-4dr has disabled reputation

if u need a maf I have one you can have for free.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Previously Odyssey

/\ Where are you located. when can I pick it up????

Please PM me
Old 03-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

slo-4dr has disabled reputation

im in chesapeake. you can have it tonight. call me 372-2180
Ed
Old 03-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Previously Odyssey

I logged of like 5 minutes before you wrote that message....

Well come to find out, it is not my MAF, so I won't be needing it.

My buddy finally came over and I tried his on my car. I definitely thought it was the MAF..

I think I found out what is wrong with it though. When I pulled the engine and exhaust, I left the whole exhaust sitting outside. It sat outside the entire time it was raining the other day. So I guess so much water got into the muffler, that it is restricting exhaust flow.

I actually found out by pulling my cat out and was assuming that was clogged. But my cat is completely hollow.lols...so it has to be my muffler as the car ran fine without the exhaust hooked up...

But now my alternator is shot and I had to order one.

So hopefully it will be problem free by Wednesday.

I'll update when I find something out.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Previously Odyssey

well the alternator was fine....

I got a new one and a new battery, but the reason I was having bogging issues was because the main connector that goes to the alternator was not connected all the way and I was just running on the battery.

When I would accelerate rapidly, the voltage would drop to like 9 and the battery would not supply enough voltage to keep up.

I have not put the cat back on to see if the exhaust is indeed clogged some how, but I am assuming that it will be fine. But I have to drill out 2 of the studs on the cat as I broke both taking it off.