Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

s13 screaming belt

Old 12-25-2009, 05:10 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rva6thgen rva6thgen rva6thgen rva6thgen rva6thgen rva6thgen rva6thgen rva6thgen rva6thgen rva6thgen rva6thgen
Default s13 screaming belt

so when i first got the car the alternator belt screamed for a while and snapped on me. so i got a replacement and it stopped but now it screams again.

i just realized that my water pump and crank pulleys are 5 rib but the alternator is 4 rib?!?!?!

would it be safe to run a 4rib belt. would that eliminate the 5th rib from going over the side wall on the alternator pulley? or should i jsut try and get a different pulley?

im tired of the screams!
Old 12-25-2009, 05:12 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: s13 screaming belt

4 groove is fine...
Old 12-26-2009, 02:12 PM
hungry

Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben

spraying wd40 on the belt is a good temp fix
Old 01-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Rueben
spraying wd40 on the belt is a good temp fix
wrong... use either stp belt dressing or hold a bar of soap against the grooves of the belt... but also check belt tension and to see that he pulleys are not seizing up.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by OhNoez!
wrong... use either stp belt dressing or hold a bar of soap against the grooves of the belt... but also check belt tension and to see that he pulleys are not seizing up.
That sounds safe...
Old 01-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
That sounds safe...
off topic:
racing sounds safe too right lol