Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

obx lsd installed??? help

Old 12-26-2009, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goodeals has disabled reputation
Default obx lsd installed??? help

my tranny tech installed a obx lsd in my b16a trans. he also installed all new synchros and bearings for the main and counter shafts. also installed new 2 3 and 5 gears. he says hes having a problem geting the cases to go back together and possibly the lsd is binding up the situation. hes planning on calling obx monday but i know thats a waste of time bc nobody that answers there phone knows a dam thing about there product. plus what phone number would u dial anyways? so if theres any suggestions that anybody has please help. ive been without my car for 3 months now and im beginning to loose patience. please dont trash the thread with comments about how obx is trash because i already know this and regret ever getting it. my tech is certified honda mech and hes built tons of trans. all measurements are within spec.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:21 AM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)
Default Re: obx lsd installed??? help

obx is junk. ive read honda tech threads talking about obx products and people trying to call and contact about the parts and info, and they dont seem to help. dont ever buy obx products. /thread
Old 12-26-2009, 07:29 AM

the og thread says dont trash with negative obx talk. i already know its trash but when u have a helluva mortgage payment its hard to spend 700 1000 on a dam lsd. please all i want is some feedback on possible solutions.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:47 AM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

the only solution is to not install the lsd. I understand if you cant afford a nice lsd, and I cant either. thats why I dont have one. im not trashing your thread. im just telling you what everyone else is gonna tell you. obx will not talk to customers that have problems. and they prob wont talk to a customer period. cant you just send it back or not use it?
Old 12-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Registered Member

bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx

why not save the money? i mean if u can save up 400, u can save up 800 itll take longer but u can do it. idgi.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:56 AM
VAdriven Sponsor

RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt

obxs are OK, i personally know of a car making over 700 and it runs 10.0s all day long (for a year so far) and has no problems, u need to take the diff apart and check them when u get it, some of the bolts are not always tight and u need to loctite everything, im not saying this to be an ass but u may want to take the transmission else where, install a diff for someone qualified like u said should not be difficult
Old 12-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

Quikshifter has disabled reputation

lol! there is prolly nothing wrong with the diff. if youve ever had to reassemble a b-series tranny, then you'll know that its a PITA to get the case on if you dont have the shift forks lined up right. there are some tricks to make it easier,lol!
Old 12-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Its Lightish Red

JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab

Originally Posted by 95egd16
obx is junk. ive read honda tech threads talking about obx products and people trying to call and contact about the parts and info, and they dont seem to help. dont ever buy obx products. /thread
Do you have any personal experience on them? I know of about 3 of them on cars making 450+ with no issues. So maybe you should know what the fuck you are taking about, and not go off Honda-Tech anti obx campaign.

For the OP, is he using snap ring pliers for the clamp on the top of the case? It wont seat unless you get that thing damn near perfect.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:23 AM
tits anyone?

Originally Posted by JStab
Do you have any personal experience on them? I know of about 3 of them on cars making 450+ with no issues. So maybe you should know what the fuck you are taking about, and not go off Honda-Tech anti obx campaign.

For the OP, is he using snap ring pliers for the clamp on the top of the case? It wont seat unless you get that thing damn near perfect.
actually I do. I had an obx sheet metal style intake manifold that I got from them. when I bolted it up I had a horrible intake mani leak. turned out the intake was warped at the flanges on the head. and it was a brand new part straight from obx. and I also know a guy who purchased a set of the itb's they sell, and same thing with them. and as ramey stated, he had to go in and loctite all the bolts and such and replace some hardware. you dont have to get mad bro.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:31 AM

i did disassemble the lsd and cleaned and deburred the edges and torqued all the bolts to spec. there are no reveiws on the new obx R lsd they supposedly remodeled it and most of the reviews on honda tech are from 2004 05 06 07. there reviews on the old lsd which sucked. im not sure what my trans tech is doing or doin wrong but hes def certified and knows what hes doin. he rebuilt the tranny at the acura dealership on va beach blvd. id say he got tired of working on it and just stepped away for a day. im the one who decided to post in search of advice. there are horror stories and success stories with every lsd available

Quick Reply: obx lsd installed??? help