Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Rim and Suspension Questions??

Old 12-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts
Default Rim and Suspension Questions??

Hey guys, I got a 96 Honda Civic Hatch. Its all stock right now, but I want to get some 15's and slam it! I just dont understand how to find out what correct offset to use, the rims would be 15x8 but what offset? I understand the positive and negative camber, but I dont understand how you choose what would be best for a car. Also, how do you know what kind of suspension to use? Or is this stuff all pretty much trial and error? Any help would be great.

I have a few pics of an EF, that is riding like I would like.

Last edited by BatEclipse99; 12-19-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

johnc has disabled reputation
Default Re: Rim and Suspension Questions??

that first ef is clean as shit man.. and as far as the suspension is concerned... it's trial and error, preference of brand and so on. i would go with function2form f2autolife.com you can get the coil overs and shocks there, and just get a camber kit for the front.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by johnc
that first ef is clean as shit man.. and as far as the suspension is concerned... it's trial and error, preference of brand and so on. i would go with function2form f2autolife.com you can get the coil overs and shocks there, and just get a camber kit for the front.
Yeah man that EF is clean! Made me want one haha, anyway. Does anyone have any info on understanding wheel offset?
Old 12-19-2007, 06:21 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Everyone is going to tell you something different.

I prefer Koni Yellows/Ground Controls.

+35 15x7.5 would look nice.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:27 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Everyone is going to tell you something different.

I prefer Koni Yellows/Ground Controls.

+35 15x7.5 would look nice.
I agree with this man.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:45 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

6th gen civics are weird... I've used +38 offsett before and it tore up my tires as it hits the edges to the tire well. In my experience, never go lower than a +40 offset if you want to slam your 96 hatch...

Last edited by thermal; 12-20-2007 at 04:57 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:02 PM
your mom has a SRT

White Thunder is an unknown quantity at this point

the lower the off set the more the rim will stick out near the fenders...if you were to call tire rack they will tell you what they know will fit....i think that 8 inch wide will be too wide though
Old 12-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

That EF has no suspension travel. Go with a lower offset (and/or lower width) so you can actually drive it. Being that compromised is not worth it IMO, you won't even be able to pull into a parking lot without slapping the fender lip.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

Could I get the same look with a 15x7 +40 offset? Maybe a 10mm wheel spacer. Would that reduce the rubbing on the inner wells?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:38 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

If you want to get some crazy offsets dude, get a 240, not a Honda.

Yes, you can get a nice fitment with Hondas, but nothing crazy.

Quick Reply: Rim and Suspension Questions??